• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DP1 (BIQ Reg Force)

DjC

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there, I finished my BMQ and SQ over the summer and am quite enthusiastic about going on to doing BIQ and finally getting a rank and trade. At my regiment I heard about a DP1, which was apparantly the reg force BIQ course happening in Meaford this January to March. I asked about this and am in the process of being put in it. However... I am a bit nervous, sort of like first going away over the summer. I guess its because I don't know what to expect. This course is 11 straight weeks and I know its going to be a lot tougher than the reserve one that happens over the summer. Anyone out there know anything about this course? A lot of troops at my regiment tell me I'm very lucky to take part in something like this as I'll be better trained than most of them. I wouldn't really know, from what I've heard about BIQ is that its a lot less 'cock' and much more tougher when it comes to PT, is this true?

From what I've heard, Reg Force BIQ is a harder than the reserve one, an it will cover a lot more. I woulden't worry to much about it, just be in good shape when you get there(especially running). I think theres a few threads on the Reg Force BIQ, might want to search for those for some more info.

I wouldn't really know, from what I've heard about BIQ is that its a lot less '****' and much more tougher when it comes to PT, is this true?

Yeh... thats what I heard from some people too...

Didnt turn out to be true. PT more or less stayed the same... the field was harder though, and if anything, we got more crap. My Plt WO ran us like a reg force course, supposedly. That kind of explains why the other Plt got to sleep in, skip PT, got base privileges way before us, and why they didnt have so many show parades as us. God damn.

11 weeks?

My Battle School was 16 weeks (shudder)..... in Wainwright....in the winter  :(

Why is it 5 weeks shorter?

It might be shorter because there is an SQ course now... my QL 3 included a great deal of what they teach on the SQ now: C-9, C-6, 84mm, Advance to Contact, Recce's, battle trench's (basically Section level Ops).  That would be enough to shave off 5 weeks.

However, that's based on my reserve experience.  Perhaps, it applies to Regs as well?

I wouldn't know if its been shortened or not. I have heard that the BIQ (reserve course) has been extended. I know the only thing I didn't do on my SQ was the 84mm, CG, mortars, and pistol training. Also, can anyone confirm that there is hand-to-hand combat on the DP1? I heard this from someone that they might teach that but again I have no idea.

Just finishing my Reg BIQ right now.  Its 10 weeks plus one week pre-course.

Back