• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Downtime for just army.ca and Afghan Operations?

crooks.a

Inactive
Reaction score
For both today, and yesterday I have experienced downtime for the army.ca domain, and Afghan Operations.

What I see is for army.ca:

A blank white screen with the URL of the page in the title.

and for Afghan Operations:

A blank area for where the Afghan Ops content should be (the regular Facebook stuff is still there).

I further investigated this, and it seems that it is only army.ca. The other three domain names still work properly. This is pretty strange to me, considering the four domains (if I am not mistaken) run off of the same server and files. The Facebook game being down is also strange.

Thanks.

Good, I'm not losing my mind.  I'm going through withdrawal.

Hmm. That's pretty strange. I guess that fix to the cache file wasn't as successful as Mike had hoped.

Temporarily Unavailable
Due to high stress on the server the forum is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

ARGGG !!!!!!!!!!!

Users Online
310 Guests, 78 Users (77 Spiders)

What would the Server do if we had:

Most Online Today: 476. Most Online Ever: 1,911 (June 07, 2007, 12:37:11)

Maybe start kicking out those spiders, normal people use Google for search anyways! Block everyone else.

PuckChaser said:
Maybe start kicking out those spiders, normal people use Google for search anyways! Block everyone else.

The bulk of them probably were Google spiders. They crawl in packs ... herd? ... flocks? .... what do you call a bunch of spiders, besides scary?

The outside of a PMQ in Kingston....

PuckChaser said:
The outside of a PMQ in Kingston....

The outside of any house, building, stationary vehicle, etc.......in Kingston.  ;)

The load may also be caused by other things going on with the server at the same time. I try to schedule all the heavy tasks for night time, but sometimes if it's urgent I end up running something during the day, which may cause a slowdown. I'll try to keep the disruptions to a minimum. :)

I'm also chasing down a solution to the white screen problem.

Cheers
Mike

Back