• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Domestic Terrorism in Northern B.C. against Coastal GasLink installation

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Well, since folks like talkin' 'bout who's funding media, the guy (who's done a bit of cool digging on how eco-advocates finagle BC politics) calling it terrorism works for a group set up by the Business Council of B.C.
Perhaps this activity will also be looked at under the recent declaration of the Emergencies Act?
Well, seems like a pretty significant attack on pretty critical infrastructure to a lay non-expert like me, too.

It will be interesting to see how the narrative and response unfolds.

Well, since folks like talkin' 'bout who's funding media, the guy (who's done a bit of cool digging on how eco-advocates finagle BC politics) calling it terrorism works for a group set up by the Business Council of B.C.

Well, seems like a pretty significant attack on pretty critical infrastructure to a lay non-expert like me, too.

It will be interesting to see how the narrative and response unfolds.
The issues there have been going on for some months now. This isn’t the first attack.

CGL protests have been going on since well
Before the Freedom Conviy was a twinkle in anyone’s eyes.
The issues there have been going on for some months now. This isn’t the first attack.
Understood - and not just here - but we're seeing a different "set" to this act of this "play" so to speak. That's why I'm interested in how the various info-machines tell this story.
Hitting the MSM now…

Three or four hours since the news release, so it's mostly still on local/backyard media - for now ...

This, from the company
LNG Canada strongly condemns the dangerous and unlawful attack on people, property and equipment that took place at a Coastal GasLink worksite in the early hours of Thursday, February 17th. We respect people’s right to conduct peaceful protest and understand that not everyone will support our projects, but intimidation of workers, impacts to the environment, and destruction of property and equipment goes far beyond protest and disagreement and is not something we as British Columbians and Canadians can ever condone.

The safety and well-being of our workforce and those in the surrounding communities has always been LNG Canada’s top priority. We stand with Coastal Gaslink and offer our support and well wishes to the workers who were affected while simply trying to do their jobs, support their families and contribute to this important project.

Every worker has the right to a safe workplace free from violence, bullying, harassment and aggressive behaviour. Every worker has the right to go home to their families safely and free from injury, including psychological harm.

We know this attack does not reflect the views and opinions of the majority of those in the local communities. We would like to acknowledge the support of elected and hereditary leadership spanning 20 First Nations along the pipeline route, and the support from many other communities and individuals who have been engaged with this project since its inception ...

The EM has an interesting group exclusion. I will let you find. And it could answer the questions above.

Cue BC declaring a State of Emergency in 3, 2, 1…….3/4…………1/2……………3/8…………..5/16……………..7/32……………….

Reactions: QV
Now I'm not advocating for shooting these people but you would think being out numbered and attacked, officers would of used a bit more of their bag of tools to protect them selves....

Now I'm not advocating for shooting these people but you would think being out numbered and attacked, officers would of used a bit more of their bag of tools to protect them selves....
By all accounts it was security guards that were attacked.

By all accounts it was security guards that were attacked.

Ah, I misread, but responding officers had items thrown including fire sticks thrown at them. Knowing that people were being attacked, and actively assaulted, I'm surprised they didn't go in guns drawn. There was an imminent threat of bodily harm or potential death of the staff at the site.

Ah, I misread, but responding officers had items thrown including fire sticks thrown at them. Knowing that people were being attacked, and actively assaulted, I'm surprised they didn't go in guns drawn. There was an imminent threat of bodily harm or potential death of the staff at the site.
Yeah I missed that part. Maybe also visibility given at what time it happened.

Back