• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Does previous training effect enrollement?

Thatch

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering if previous training (such as martial arts, survival training, tracking, etc) effect how decisions are made and how, regarding enrollement, or the choosing of officers.

If anybody could offer some insight on this, it would be appreciated.

(I am not currently in the Armed Forces, although I plan on it come the new year)

From what I gathered from the Captain I spoke to, extra things like that will help you get more points on your application which would rate you higher for certain trades.

Thanks for the responses.
I dont have any degrees to quality for direct entry, but you never know.

When I applied I was told my college diploma, even though it was unrelated, gave me the highest score for Education on my application. I assume there are categories that you are scored on and anything you have that makes you a better candidate in that category will increase your score and make you more competitive. If the trade you're going for is limited in its intake, your competitiveness will determine whether you get offered a position so don't leave anything out that could make you look better. (I am not a recruiter so correct me if I'm wrong.)

Back