• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dissapointed with Canadian forces

ArmyVern said:
I'm with Moe; has to be a co-op student to explain that. Also thinking ESL as someone who graduated high school with a 91% overall average wouldn't, I would think, have the number of grammatical and tense errors in their post that this pers did (or a grandpa 'almost forced' to go to war <--- in Canada??).

I was reviewing employment applications several years ago at a company I previously worked for, and was appalled at the quality of resumes and cover letters we had received.

One claimed that he had high marks in all of his high school and community college courses, and even went so far to include transcripts. Unfortunately I could not take the application seriously, as the cover letter was one long run on sentence. And it was obviously spell checked but not proof read as there were several instances of the wrong word being chosen. But the real kicker was that the job he was apparently applying for wasn't even the job we were hiring for (although he was otherwise qualified for the position).

:dunno:

irrost said:
just like my grandfather was practically forced to go to war.

Conscription in late WW2?  French-Canadian, possibly?  If so, his English is much better than my French skills.

ArmyVern said:
I'm with Moe; has to be a co-op student to explain that. Also thinking ESL as someone who graduated high school with a 91% overall average wouldn't, I would think, have the number of grammatical and tense errors in their post that this pers did (or a grandpa 'almost forced' to go to war <--- in Canada??).

Unless they run the co-op completely different in Ontario, you still have to go through the recruiting process, be accepted, and sworn in before anything even remotely close to "Here! Have a gun!" happens.

No sense; this guy makes it.  :facepalm:

Everyone gets to apply, not everyone gets to join.

PMedMoe said:
So, in your case it must be the recruiting, right?  ::)

Sounds like you did some Reserve training and then there was no position.....or something like that........  Normally, weapons training is only done on BMQ, which you will only be put on if there is a position open.  Let me guess, were you a co-op student?

At any rate, the recruiting centre will not call you for Res F positions, you have to get a letter from the unit saying they have a position.  For the Reg F, I'd think you'd have to apply again.

Sorry Moe, but we do not swear someone in unless we have a line serial. At least not my unit, or any unit I know of. We do not do weapons training, unless the member is, well... A member, sworn in and in uniform.

I can hit a tin can at 50 yards with a daisy. That means I have like, ql9 on my weapons, right? Can someone please confirm this with me? It's essential to my application and enrollment. Please don't dissapoint me Army.ca!

RDJP said:
Conscription in late WW2?  French-Canadian, possibly?  If so, his English is much better than my French skills.

I speak french and the errors were not mistranslated french.  I say russian.

Shot in the dark since people are speculating.  My guess: He went through CFAEP.  Probably did some weapons famil there along with some of the processing.  Depending on where he's from then yes his written english may not be his first language.

Teeps74 said:
Sorry Moe, but we do not swear someone in unless we have a line serial. At least not my unit, or any unit I know of. We do not do weapons training, unless the member is, well... A member, sworn in and in uniform.

Yeah, I know.  I was just trying to figure out what the OP meant and tossed out a couple of ideas.

Just posting to follow, would like to read his reply and how his sad story is panning out....Weapons handling in application process....really :facepalm:

Bzzliteyr said:
I just read the whole paragraph with a russian accent, it made more sense gramatically that way.

I just did that....wow that made me laugh

Maybe this should go up for all "I want/must/need to join" threads

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/13318984/canadian-army-warrant-officer-forced-to-speak-in-public

Back