• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

direct entry vs paid education

wiseloonies

Inactive
Reaction score
my objective is to do avionics tech, I have 2 option, go direct and the army will give me my education at borden and kingston and the other option is to do my DEC in Quebec in avionic tech (paid education). Im french and I know that the waiting platoon is very long. I would like to know which one is easier to be enroll and if I can apply for the 2 option.

thank you

Oh... I forget to say that I went to the BMQ ( not finish)but I had to release for family emergencies....
I dont know if that can be negative for me... I hope that won't be a issue...
and sorry for my bad english... like I said I'm french.  ;)

i think , ( that's my opinion ) ,  you should go with the DEC first and after that apply for AVN  tech , just in case the military life isn't for you. You must keep in mind that its a career , and if someday for some reason you have to release again do you have any other exit door or plan ?  If for a reason you're being exclude from the training... family reason again ( for sure im not wishing you that but shit happen ) . And yes you can apply for school and army since both are totally independent one from the other .

wiseloonies said:
my objective is to do avionics tech, I have 2 option, go direct and the army will give me my education at borden and kingston and the other option is to do my DEC in Quebec in avionic tech (paid education). Im french and I know that the waiting platoon is very long. I would like to know which one is easier to be enroll and if I can apply for the 2 option.

thank you

wiseloonies said:

AVS Tech (Unskilled) is available now and will also be available next year.  AVS Tech (NCM STEP) is currently not an available option and is not "forecasted" to be an option next year either.  So if you wish to join as an AVS Tech, you can apply as "Unskilled" or you can pursue your College education at your own expense and then apply after you graduate.

Back