• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Did you serve SD&G in WWII - 1944-1946 in the Netherlands?

Wigger KF vd Horst

Inactive
Reaction score
The photo, made at Hilversum, the Netherlands in 1945, is identified by Canadian Veterans as the Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry Highlanders.
Because there was not a SD&G veteran among them, I hope (maybe) to get in touch with a Veteran who served one of the SD&G Army-unit(s) . . .
Maybe, just maybe, someone can Identify the picture . . . ?
Maybe, it's part of a family photo-album, somewhere in Canada, because at least 155 Canadian Soldiers must have this picture . . . ?
Maybe, someone recognize the building, which is a schoolcomplex: the Fabritiusschool and the Ruysdaelschool. The picture is made in front of the Ruysdaelschool.
With a little bit of luck, maybe . . .

Hi,

My grand-father & his brother were both in the S D & G Highlanders. I'm sorry to say they are Not alive to help you. I'd be very interested in having a copy of that group picture emailed to me as when I clicked on it it's very small. I'd love to see if my grand-father or great-uncle are in it. I don't have much information on their time in uniform.
Thank you so much.
p.s. my email is hidden please pm me & I'll give it to you.

Back