• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Did I miss a step during the recruiting process?

Fatalize

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, I applied to join the CF in July. I passed my CFAT, Medical and interview. I recently got a phone call with a job offer (Artillery-field) I got my swearing in ceremony date (Sept.29th)@CFRC Calgary. And my BMQ starts Oct.12th@St>jean.

Having said that, I've received no information on an official packing list/General rules and expectations for the BMQ i.e(cellphones,ipods,clothing)

Will this all be covered at my swearing in ceremony? Or should I call my recruiter?

Thanks.

You will receive all info (and fill out a lot of paperwork) at your swearing in ceremony.  Other paperwork will be given with you to take to BMQ.  If not, make sure you ask while you are still at the CFRC.

That's a little odd because I was given the "Joining Instructions" booklet weeks ahead of my swearing in ceremony.

Lavitz said:
That's a little odd because I ......

At this point and time, you dont have the knowledge to determine what is odd and what is normal. The list of things to bring is included in the joining instructions that you stated you have.. Expectations at BMQ will be presented to you when you get to CFLRS.

Lavitz said:
That's a little odd because I was given the "Joining Instructions" booklet weeks ahead of my swearing in ceremony.

Maybe some recruiting centres are a bit more "proactive" than others.  Maybe they have more staff, or better yet, some untrained personnel with nothing better to do than mail out Joining Instructions.  ;)

It is the just the CFRC being proactive. We usually give the joining instructions to the applicants who are close to merit listing with a high probability of selection at the end of the MCC interview. However they are still reviewed and explained as part of the enrolment.

You can always go to: http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/pd/ir-ji/index-eng.asp and read them yourself.

I swear in on the same date as you in Calgary. I recieved my offer on the 31st of September and have not recieved any information either. Don't be worried , i was told over the phone we will recieve an information pack at our ceremony. See you there!

I had the same issue when I joined up.  No one at my swearing in ceremony, which was two days before our flight to St. Jean, had recieved their joining instructions.  I brought it up and we were all given copies of it on the spot - was just an administrative error.  Ask and ye shall receive.

Back