• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Did anybody saw on Hwy 401 in GTA area trucks transporting airplane parts ?

tech2002

Inactive
Reaction score
Couple weeks ago I was on HWY 401 going east, and saw flatbed 18wheelers trucks carry airplane parts covered in blue protective sheet, I was wondering if anybody saw it as well, wondering what they were for ?

tech2002 said:
Couple weeks ago I was on HWY 401 going east, and saw flatbed 18wheelers trucks carry airplane parts covered in blue protective sheet, I was wondering if anybody saw it as well, wondering what they were for ?

Could be anything. There are many aircraft manufacturers here in Canada. I know North Bay has a Bombardier assembly facility to finish the CL-415 water bomber. Who knows where it was going and why. Lots of plane parts are shipped as such.

We have 4-6 trucks a week through Wawa with tail Assemblies, wings, and so on, going from Thunderbay to ???

Are you all sure those aren't wind turbine parts?  I made that same mistake earlier this year....[ the blades look just like wings]

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Are you all sure those aren't wind turbine parts?  I made that same mistake earlier this year....[ the blades look just like wings]

Sounds about right. The Wolfe Island Wind Project (just offshore from Kingston) is in the midst of installing 86 wind turbines -- and yes, the parts are big and somewhat plane-like.

A couple of years ago I saw a big truck with things under tarps.  They must have been military.  ::)

kincanucks said:
A couple of years ago I saw a big truck with things under tarps.  They must have been military.  ::)

That was the parts of the last Arrow, being moved between secret hiding places.    ;D

Doh... time to move tha Arrow again... Chjeez - can't you guys keep a secret ??? 8)

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Trust me plane parts up here.

They do carry planes by road sometimes.  I've seen a couple of Hornets in pieces on flat beds...

there was a movie just north of Toronto at Maple in a rocquarry, stared Kristoffer Kristian Kristofferson , Cheryl Ladd, Millennium (1989 film)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_(1989_film)
i remember the truck carrying the airplane parts going past  my  grandmothers apartment in Toronto, near the Base , i think even part of the movie was shot on base in one of the hangers. so it is very possbile you  saw airplane parts from a movie, or from one of the aircraft plants in the Toronto area.  I am sure it could be anything, including military parts but chances of figuring it out without pictures is very slim.
my  guess it is the first of the repalcement aircraft for the CF 18, the Canadian made sleath plane.
good luck in finding it again, it is parked next to the arrow in the top secret hang near the ^^^^^^^ sorry i am not allowed to say where the hanger is but look for guys with long hair, ear rings, and non Canadian issued ray  guns gaurding the hanger and you will have found its hiding place......some where near a air port would be my  guess

Could be parts of a CF-18 that was recently declared a write-off up north. I know they were sending most of the airframe to southern Ontario.

FormerHorseGuard said:
there was a movie just north of Toronto at Maple in a rocquarry, stared Kristoffer Kristian Kristofferson , Cheryl Ladd, Millennium (1989 film)
i remember the truck carrying the airplane parts going past  my  grandmothers apartment in Toronto, near the Base , i think even part of the movie was shot on base in one of the hangers. so it is very possbile you  saw airplane parts from a movie, or from one of the aircraft plants in the Toronto area.  I am sure it could be anything, including military parts but chances of figuring it out without pictures is very slim.
my  guess it is the first of the repalcement aircraft for the CF 18, the Canadian made sleath plane.
good luck in finding it again, it is parked next to the arrow in the top secret hang near the ^^^^^^^ sorry i am not allowed to say where the hanger is but look for guys with long hair, ear rings, and non Canadian issued ray  guns gaurding the hanger and you will have found its hiding place......some where near a air port would be my  guess

That just made my eyes hurt and head ache. I have no idea what you're on about, as your lack of capitalization, syntax, grammar, spelling and punctuation made me stop about 1/3 through your post. Please try again. BTW, your link is also no good. It returns - 'Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name.'

Disagree with "please try again" in recceguy's response.

If someone is apparently going 'from kegger to keyboard," don't encourage them.  ;)

The fella forgot to close his bracket... link works

I did not see a truck carrying Aircraft parts lately but I have seen a few aircraft carrying trucks. Is that the same?

Back