• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Designing a Load Bearing System

I advise anyone to stay away from CPGear for real-world kit. If you're never going to leave a CP, it's fine.

paracowboy said:
I advise anyone to stay away from CPGear for real-world kit. If you're never going to leave a CP, it's fine.
Para you haven't seen the new kit that is coming out, the hole line has been remade, designed by Eng's & RCR's. It's going to be one of the best real-world Modular Systems.

That modular sling they've got now looks pretty damned spiffy.

The only thing I can't get over is the ACU boonie that they've got... ???

bilton090 said:
Para you haven't seen the new kit that is coming out, the hole line has been remade, designed by Eng's & RCR's. It's going to be one of the best real-world Modular Systems.

Actually, being an RCR may hinder your ability to produce non-issue kit. ;D

Wonderbread said:
Actually, being an RCR may hinder your ability to produce non-issue kit. ;D
                  I'M A ENG ! :cheers:

Wonderbread said:
I'm an RCR.... Where are you going with this?
you last post tought. you w/ talking-to me, ( A little bird told me!, official ) ;) 4ESR is going to be looking at 1 0r 2 items,new mod ed kit from some local company!.

you last post tought. you w/ talking-to me,

I was, sort of. I made a smartass remark about the RCR's parade ground mentality in my last post, but I should have been more clear in the point I was trying to make. Just because someone is combat arms, it doesn't necessarily make them a SME on fighting gear.

-CP Gear has a reputation for substandard quality, but is known for its really good FMP Covers.

-Eagle Industries has a reputation for superior quality, and is known for its really good CIRAS.

Can you see why guys are skeptical when you imply that CPGear is on par with Eagle Industries? I'm new to non-issue load bearing gear, and all I can really do look at what others have to say and the experience they have to back it up. You're going to have to give a bit more than "RCRs and ENGRs helped design it" if you're going to change anyone's opinion of CanadianPeacekeeper.

Can you see why guys are skeptical when you imply that CPGear is on par with Eagle Industries? I'm new to non-issue load bearing gear, and all I can really do look at what others have to say and the experience they have to back it up. You're going to have to give a bit more than "RCRs and ENGRs helped design it" if you're going to change anyone's opinion of CanadianPeacekeeper.

Yes you are right on a lot you are saying, that's why I'am showing to People from all trade's, and it would be nice to have maybe have a few things that work in the field, & it works with other kit as well, but is right down the road !

CP does not compare to Eagle. Period. My last trip to A-Stan I invested in the CIRAS(Land). Awesome piece of kit. Some might complain about the price but as far as I am concerned, when your life is on the line you should be using the best kit money can buy. Just like the professional mechanic will pay for Snap-On or Mac as opposed to Canadian Tire tools.

http://www.highspeedgearinc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HSG%2DWAS

http://www.tacticalassaultshop.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/product.html&setup=1&ida=132&idp=9&his=0|9&cart_id=4242553.2792

This is my rig, it’s HSGI Wasatch, I can hold 14 Mags, all with mag-pulls before I use any of the available molle, if need be you can also put our issued plates inside the plate carrier pouches (but i don't and it still works great). So far I have attached 2, TAG Split Saw pouches which can be used as utility pouches or magazine pouches, or of course C9 boxes. It beats the poorly designed issued vest, and other commando rigs I’ve seen/worn. As for the personal KIT issue, “if the RSM is going to come out to the FOB and charge you let him; you have a war to fight”

:cdn:

Also in my opinion; CP gear is poor quality for the cost, fine for a KFS holder not for killing gear..

:cdn:

I use a split front SO Tech Hellcat Mk3 with shoulder harness, without any pouches added it can hold 6 AR magazines.  The Split front option allows you to wear the rig like webbing, and you can open up the front when in the prone position for extra comfort.  It also concentrates most of the kit on your mid section instead of all over your upper body like the TV (yuck).  This rig also isnt as bulky or complicated as most of the aftermarket rigs I have tried.

I have mine setup with

TT zipper utility pouch (for smokes/frags/T flashes etc)
TT large utility pouch (ballistic eyewear and misc stuff)
HSG Rifle magazine pouch (double for 12 mags total)
TT Radio pouch (large)
Maxpedition Rollypolly dump pouch
tac light pouch (for nightops gladius light)
HSG Mini EOD pouch (setup as a medical pouch)
2 pistol mag pouches
bayonet frog
wear a camelback for water

Wonderbread said:
-CP Gear has a reputation for substandard quality, but is known for its really good FMP Covers.

-Eagle Industries has a reputation for superior quality, and is known for its really good CIRAS.

Well I have looked at their Chest Rig and Load carrying equipment and I will agree you can definately get better. But don't slam them that hard. I have ordered their 64 frame Kit, all the pieces and they are very high quality parts for your 64/ALICE frame. I have used them and have found them to be a great investment. Different companies have different zones where their manufactures focus. CP gear doesn't make that many Chest Rigs, so thats not their thing.

The Armoured Corps has developed an oustanding load bearing system, one that will allow weapons, ammunition, armour and PPE, and kit carriage very easy.  These systems, called "tanks" are so well designed, they'll not only carry their own weapons, but also a crew of 3 - 4 with kit with minimal effort to the end user.  The down side is, the load-bearing system in use by the Corps is very expensive and most Sergeants Major won't allow just any one to bring a "tank" in to work.  Also, fuel mileage sucks.

Anyone who says that CP Gear is comparable to Eagle is smoking crack!!!!! While some of CP Gears stuff is good, There is a reason why many, many operators, soldiers and contractors are using the CIRAS. I used one in AStan and loved it. It was durable, comfortable and very expensive. But well worth the price. It is virtually indestructible.  I think even KevinB is switching from Paraclete. I use Paraclete as well and it as good as Eagle, don't get me wrong.

yes its true I got a CIRAS (M)  -- I find it better designed than the CIRAS (L) or Paraclete RAV -- for what I want out of it.

I still have a FMP cover I got in Gagetown in 1988 - Its been in more than 6 countries -- but I still would not buy anything else from CP...
Eagle and Paraclete are primo tactical nylon companies CP is not in the same league.

This is my rig, it’s HSGI Wasatch, I can hold 14 Mags, all with mag-pulls before I use any of the available molle,

I'm torn between the Wasatch and Weesatch.  I've seen the weesatch and it looked pretty cool. Tried it on and it fit well but I wasn't wearing the body armor with plates.  I'm not sure if the wasatch will be too big or not, it suggests the weesatch if you have a smaller frame but I'm not sure what smaller is considered?  10 mags seems plenty too.  Anyone who has either  have any suggestions?
Plus there is the decision between tan coloured and arid cadpat.

Back