• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO - BOTC January 2006

Take the course start date and go back 21 days and take in account that the CFRC/Ds will be closed until the 03 Jan 06 and that should give you an approximate enrolment date and that is when you will sign all the paperwork.  The objective is to enrol all new candidates 21 days before basic start dates but a candidate can be enrolled 48 hrs before start date.  Cheers.

Got the call today to re-confirm that I wanted to accept the posistion they had offered me (Infantry) Gave me the details on swearing in ceramony (Dec. 15) and that I would be leaving on Jan. 7 from Halifax with 7 others to go to St. Jean for the 10th. I also infomed them about my academic issuses in which they they said to keep them posted and make sure to keep them updated if any changes, minor or major take place regarding anything at all.

I also got a similar call today.  I got a call, the Captain read over the terms of the offer over the phone, I accepted it, and I guess he sent it back to Borden (?) for further processing.  I thought I had to go down to sign something so I went all the way down to the recruiting center (Edmonton) and the Corporal told me that I don't sign anything until a few weeks before I go to St. Jean.  So I picked up an enrollment package that they could have just mailed to me. 

So I was told I would arrive in St. Jean on Jan 7 and start on Jan 10.

hoote said:
I also got a similar call today.   I got a call, the Captain read over the terms of the offer over the phone, I accepted it, and I guess he sent it back to Borden (?) for further processing.   I thought I had to go down to sign something so I went all the way down to the recruiting center (Edmonton) and the Corporal told me that I don't sign anything until a few weeks before I go to St. Jean.   So I picked up an enrollment package that they could have just mailed to me.  

So I was told I would arrive in St. Jean on Jan 7 and start on Jan 10.

From my limited knowledge of how things work (and kincanucks please sort me out), you got an initial call saying you were selected.   Once you agreed to that, CFRG collected all the "Ayes" to make sure the slots were filled for all positions (kinda like a Staff Check).   Once they had that box checked, they gave the CFRC's the message with your official offer.   This is what you just got called about.   Now that you've given the official "Aye", they are going to be course loading you at St Jean with all the other mutts, sending out your joining instructions so you know what to do and getting you ready for the big Green Machine.   You should get your joining instructions in the mail.   You will go to the CFRC (they will pay trasnportation costs via travelclaim) to swear in and sign your contract in December.   Here, or by mail, you should get your itinerary which explains how you are getting to St Jean, flight times, etc, etc along with another travel claim.   You then push your PT to the max and wait for the date to travel to St Jean.

Make sense?   Again, this is my understanding of things from past dealings - kincanucks may re-arrange the details.

Have fun.

Infanteer said:
From my limited knowledge of how things work (and kincanucks please sort me out), you got an initial call saying you were selected.   Once you agreed to that, CFRG collected all the "Ayes" to make sure the slots were filled for all positions (kinda like a Staff Check).   Once they had that box checked, they gave the CFRC's the message with your official offer.   This is what you just got called about.   Now that you've given the official "Aye", they are going to be course loading you at St Jean with all the other mutts, sending out your joining instructions so you know what to do and getting you ready for the big Green Machine.   You should get your joining instructions in the mail.   You will go to the CFRC (they will pay trasnportation costs via travelclaim) to swear in and sign your contract in December.   Here, or by mail, you should get your itinerary which explains how you are getting to St Jean, flight times, etc, etc along with another travel claim.   You then push your PT to the max and wait for the date to travel to St Jean.

Make sense?   Again, this is my understanding of things from past dealings - kincanucks may re-arrange the details.

Have fun.

Accurate my friend and well written.  You may answer two more recruiting questions as a bonus.

Caa-ching!

kincanucks said:
Accurate my friend and well written.   You may answer two more recruiting questions as a bonus.

Can they be about drugs and/or tattoos in the JTF?  :blotto:

Infanteer said:
Caa-ching!

Can they be about drugs and/or tattoos in the JTF?  :blotto:

One can, the other must begin with "Hi guys, I'm 15 and really want to join the Army, how do I get to be a (insert one of sniper, jtf-2, airborne or jatf trooper)"

Thanks so much.  I was confused as to why I got two calls to see if I would accept the offer.

By the way, what is a travel claim?  Is it a pay now and get reimbursed later?  Are all expenses covered; meals, extra pack of peanuts on the plane, etc.

hoote said:
By the way, what is a travel claim?   Is it a pay now and get reimbursed later?   Are all expenses covered; meals, extra pack of peanuts on the plane, etc.

Pretty much.  A travel claim is a paper in which you log in any time spent travelling to and from your destination (taxi, plane, Personal Motor Vehicle (PMV in milspeak)).  You don't have to worry about flights; the military arranges those.  As well, ground transportation is usually arranged but if it isn't you log the cost of the taxi (which you pay for) and the recipt onto the claim and get reimbursed.  As well, if you are travelling while on Army time, you are entitled to some things like meals and incidentals which the Army will reimburse you for.  A clerk will fill in the rest, but for the purposes of getting to St Jean, you probably won't need to worry about too much - just the taxi to the airport.

RECEIPTS !

Don't forget Receipts.  Keep receipts for all your meals, taxis, etc., so that if your are asked to produce them for your Claim, you will have them and get reimbursed for them.

If this thread is still about who is going to DEO BOTC in Jan, 2006, then I have a post.  If not, I'm going to do a little hijacking for a moment.

I just got the call yesterday and will be attending this BOTC as an Infantry Officer.  Look forward to meeting everyone who will be there, and good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet.

Anyone going to BOTC still got weight to lose? 

Do people lose weight at basic?  I only ask because I hear it is a lot less rigorous than in years past.

I have lost abouy 25 lbs and could lose another 20.  I got sick of strict eating last January and that is when the weight stopped coming off.  Guess I better get back at it  My running is ok and pushups etc are fine.  They'd be easier without the extra flab though. 

I only ask because I hear it is a lot less rigorous than in years past.

Well I will guarantee that it will be a lot more rigorous than what you got going in your life right now.  Will you lose weight?  Maybe not but you will lose fat if you put maximum effort in to it.  Good luck.

Hey guys... well, I finally did the pt test and passed it this morning, so all is well on my journey to my dream job.  :)  I swear-in the week of the 12th (Dec)... and am so excited I can barely sit still.  ;D 

I hope everything is going well for the rest of you, and look forward to seeing you in Jan.

Congratulations :) I wish I could join you, but my time will come, hopefully

I got the offer for DEO Sig Officer too.  See you all when we get to St. Jean in Janurary.  I just have to redo my PT test on Nov 22, (6month had pass from my last one), and I'll sign the documents on Dec 14 to make it offical.  I am so excited about BOTC, going to make the most of this experience.

I'm from Toronto, where is everybody coming from?

So what's with the Engineer avatar?

Orginally, my frist choice during the recruing process was combat eng.  I believe my eyes have something to do with the change.
Its been a while since I logged in as well, so the picture had not been change.
Do I have the right picuture this time?  Sigs100?

Back