• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Degree Requirements for specific trades

SentryMAn

Inactive
Reaction score
I may have missed the question already being answered but couldn't find it with a search.

I have been in and trained as a Log-O and I am currently going to re-apply in this field.

I have a question WRT degree requirements for trades.  Specifically what can one do with a business degree with E-com/Acct major?  Would I be limited to Log? 

I have until March to decide on my course of action.

Thanks so much in advance to any and all information provided.

There are a few other trades that either just require any degree:

Infantry Officer, armour officer, artillery officer, mars, pilot, ACSO

And another one that like business is HCA ( health care admin officer)

SentryMAn said:
I may have missed the question already being answered but couldn't find it with a search.

I have been in and trained as a Log-O and I am currently going to re-apply in this field.

I have a question WRT degree requirements for trades.  Specifically what can one do with a business degree with E-com/Acct major?  Would I be limited to Log? 

I have until March to decide on my course of action.

Thanks so much in advance to any and all information provided.

When you say you "were in and trained as a Log O", did you complete ALL of the Phase training and were fully qualified???

Degree requirements for officers are far and wide, you need to pick an occupation, speak with a recruiter and then they can tell you whether or not your degree is preferred or acceptable.

On another note, why do you say, "I have until March to decide on my course of action"?

In and trained to finish of Phase 3 Log-O, reserves but did all reg force training with about a year of service.
March is when I reapply and decide what my new 3 choices will be.  Log will definitely be one of the three but I'm looking at my other options.

I have a BBA with Accounting and E-commerce major(concentration), I doubt I could be accepted in as a technical officer trade?  Like Communications and Electronics Engineering Officer for instance without holding a degree in Some form of Engineering?

Or Nurse, or Social Work?

Thanks,

Browsing the jobs listed on forces.ca will provide you with a lot of info about degree requirements.  Most of the jobs there have the required/preferred/acceptable degrees listed in their 'qualification requirements,' so take a look there.  Or direct specific questions to a recruiter, because it is possible that the website is not always up to date, and degree requirements DO change occasionally.

That being said, someone above provided a list of jobs that accept any degree. Business Admin would be good for Log, HCA, and acceptable for those other trades listed.

Engineering trades require engineering or science degrees.

Nursing, Social Work, Dental, Medical and Legal all require the educations specialized in their respective areas.  Sorry, you won't be a Nurse or Social Work Officer without the appropriate degree.

SentryMAn said:
March is when I reapply and decide what my new 3 choices will be.

Not sure you why you have to reapply if you have just recently been processed but then again, why wait until March?  Do it now!

That is what the Recruiter at my local Recruiting center told me since my application is being closed. 

SentryMAn said:
That is what the Recruiter at my local Recruiting center told me since my application is being closed.

Walk in that door during the first week of January and get your life rolling. Don't wait until March.

Back