• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Defence Spending and Afghanistan

Kal

Inactive
Reaction score
I didn't know where else to post this, I believe this is the most appropriate spot.  If not, Mods feel free to move it.

I'm writing a paper for school (poli sci) about the increase in defence spending and equipment procurement programs and their affect on the mission in Afghanistan. 

I would like to here from the members as to their feelings on how these programs have changed and shaped Canadian participation in the war in Afghanistan.

Thanks.

Perhaps you should reverse the theme of your essay to ask how the mission in Afghanistan has shaped procurement and spending.

Participation : We are still there.
Operations: OPSEC means you won't be getting specific answers.

In the general sense deployments allways highlight deficiencies in equipment and operations that can be papered over or ignored in peacetime. Also there is a need to adapt as the situation on the ground changes. Both require increased funding and timely procurement programs.

Brad Sallows said:
Perhaps you should reverse the theme of your essay to ask how the mission in Afghanistan has shaped procurement and spending.

Interesting. This theme seems much more logical, also.

Thanks to DBA, too.

Back