• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Currently in PRES BMQ. Any issues starting a new prescription for ADD/ADHD meds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isms1225

Inactive
Reaction score
I recently enrolled, I'm in BMQ part time while in university. I should be completing SQ and DP1 immediately after school ends. I've been on ADD medication in the past, and indicated this in my application. It didn't cause any problems I'm aware of. I've been considering trying to get a prescription for Adderal or something similar, to help me through finals/final essays, and I'm wondering if I have to notify or get approval from anyone.

Thanks.

I'm not a doctor or anything, but if you need medication to help you during finals, are you going to need them during your military career, part time or not, when you'll be malnourished, tired, and stressed? I thought you either had ADD or you don't... It's not something that pops up when you have finals...

You need to inform your Chain of Command, NOT take advice from the Internet. Nor should you broadcast personal medical information on here.

isms1225 said:
I recently enrolled, I'm in BMQ part time while in university. I should be completing SQ and DP1 immediately after school ends. I've been on ADD medication in the past, and indicated this in my application. It didn't cause any problems I'm aware of. I've been considering trying to get a prescription for Adderal or something similar, to help me through finals/final essays, and I'm wondering if I have to notify or get approval from anyone.

Thanks.

I'm just going out on a limb here, and not to sound TOO accusatory, but if you're just looking for the Adderal for exams, my guess is you're looking for the hit, not for ADD reasons.  Adderal and Ritalin are both drugs of abuse in students about this time of year.  Stick to coffee if that's the reason - if it's ADD related, you're treading a really fine line about what is known as an irregular enrollment - and could land you in hot water with the CF.

MM

Jim Seggie said:
You need to inform your Chain of Command, NOT take advice from the Internet. Nor should you broadcast personal medical information on here.

You need to see the medics if you are going on medication as both your condition and medications used are supposed to be in your medical records.  If you do not need the meds on a regular basis then don't start them just for a test period.  That is a slippery slope.

isms1225 said:
I've been on ADD medication in the past..... I've been considering trying to get a prescription for Adderal or something similar, to help me through finals/final essays

If you have been on medication to treat ADHD, then you would know that the ADHD drugs are 1) not designed to be taken on and off 2) are designed to be part of lifestyle change and are to be taken under the supervision of a Psychiatrist. If you are going on ADHD drugs, you SHOULD be taking them to treat a DISABILITY which is effecting your life. Not because you need to get through exams. Furthermore, if you are going on any medication, while serving in the CF, you need to inform your medical officer to update your file and to make sure you are still fit to serve.

As a word of caution, you may want to search these forums concerning ADHD and serving in the CF

Finally, as a University instructor, I would advise you to be more cognizant of what you are posting on the internet. What you posted here is tantamount to admitting drug abuse. If you are going to my University, and I find out who you are you could face consequences.

*edited for spelling*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back