• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Current/Past Officer Cadets

alan_li_13

Inactive
Reaction score
I was hoping everyone on this forum who are currently attending or previously attended RMC, ROTP, or any relevent institutions/plans to give a short introduction about themselves. This might enable those who are truly interested to know who to ask for suggestions or for answers regarding their application. I'll start off:

My name is Alan Li. I have been accepted to ROTP Jr. Program and will be attending Prep Year in the coming August. Please to meet you, and I am at your service.

Hi Rifle team Captain, could you tell me some details about the application process.  I have put in my CF application for Dental Officer Training Program last week, and I'm wondering what a typical response time is to hear from them the first time to schedule other testing. 

Thanks a bunch,

Rob

Attended Wilfrid Laurier University on ROTP, grad 1985 - Hons BBA.  Yes I know it was 20 years ago but I have had a number of subordinates with more recent experience.

robjoseph said:
Hi Rifle team Captain, could you tell me some details about the application process.   I have put in my CF application for Dental Officer Training Program last week, and I'm wondering what a typical response time is to hear from them the first time to schedule other testing.  

Thanks a bunch,

Rob

What did the recrutier tell you when you put your application in?

Ocdt Stephen Paish, Rotp Senior program, Business Admin is my degree. I am leaving for IAP in 5 days, cant wait!  :cdn:

RMC mechanical engineering grad 2005

Currently on IODP 1.2 (previously Phase IV Infantry[mechanized platoon commander])

Congrats on your exit trip through the arch, Spinnaker.

How is Phase? 

2nd year in ROTP, fourth at university. BA (Hon) Political Science. Finished up BOTC this past summer and got some SLT. Graduating next summer, then it's off to lovely Gagetown for CAP,PhIII, and PhIV Infantry.

Just to thrown in some variety:

- RESO program with the 1st Hussars while attending Western from 1989 to 1994 (yes, it took five years to do a four year program).  Ended up in Poli Sci.

Go Stangs!

BA in Bus. Admin class of 99, Stone Frigate - anyone with last two 77?

Military and Strategic Studies, class of 2008. short final, I'm 78, so close yet so far, eh? lol

robjoseph said:
Hi Rifle team Captain, could you tell me some details about the application process.   I have put in my CF application for Dental Officer Training Program last week, and I'm wondering what a typical response time is to hear from them the first time to schedule other testing.  

Thanks a bunch,

Rob
I just want to ensure you don't plan on attending RMC as a dental officer... lol... Are you in a dental program all ready or doing a degree program as a requirement?  Also... The military did hardcore dental recruiting two/three years ago so I Am not sure as to the going rate now... :cdn:

Dental student at RMC? Wow, that's all I have to say for that one.

Joined up as pilot 32U, History program at RMC, no prep year or anything of the like, just Basic then boom RMC...

Again if you get an offer for RMC ROTP program, ACCEPT IT!!! You won't regret it.

Class of 2009 attending UVic for a BA in Psychology with a minor in Philosophy (applied ethics).  Upon graduation, I'll be the only person who has this degree whose job doesn't entail the phrase..."do you want fries with  that?"

Heading into the world of MPO upon graduation, and actually looking forward to BOTP/SLT this summer.  It will get me away from the tree huggers... :)

Back