• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CT Paperwork

Hoplite

Inactive
Reaction score
Evening all,

I am in the process of a CT from RegF to PRes and need to send the Request to Transfer to the gaining unit
in order to receive my new position number.  Is there an official direction for drafting this message?  If anyone has an
example I could reference and could PM it to me, I would greatly appreciate that.

I am just trying to get all the ducks in a row so that I make life easy for both myself and the unit OR when I try
to send this out tomorrow.

Cheers

When I did the very same thing, it was simply a matter of emailing the recruiting NCO, or calling the OR. If they want you bad enough, they'll come up with a number for you.

Hoplite said:
Evening all,

I am in the process of a CT from RegF to PRes and need to send the Request to Transfer to the gaining unit
in order to receive my new position number.  Is there an official direction for drafting this message?  If anyone has an
example I could reference and could PM it to me, I would greatly appreciate that.

I am tracking down a lot of docs for VOTs and such right now.  The Reserve "Administration" is notoriously slow.  So far everything I have been doing is via email.  If you can find the name of the CC of the Unit you want to go to, email them for a Posn No.  Nowadays, email is replacing the old "Message".

[Edit to add]

You have been to the Unit and 'Interviewed' and accepted by them of course?

George,

Thanks for the advice, I took a bit of Xmas leave but now I am back.  Yes, I had met the unit, interviewed and been accepted.  However, due to time line issues, I ended up being transferred to the SuppRes and I am in the process of being transferred back to the unit right now.  This is a much slower transition and not the best option, but hopefully if anyone else is in this situation they might be assisted by the following points:

1) Communicate with the Release Section.  They will point you in the right direction and get the appropriate paperwork initiated for you.  Follow up with them as well.  You may not know at your initial interview what you would like to do, nothing is set in stone...but you need to let them know because they are going to run with what you have said. 

2) If you are changing trades or seeking a commission, the B/WPSO plays an important role during the process.  Make sure to get in to see them as well.  As well, this usually will require a document package on par with an UTPNCM application (for commissioning at least).  This can take some time to get together and has to run through your CoC. 

3) DO IT EARLY.  That was my sticking point.  I investigated my options, but things went a little long before I really got the process initiated.  Things will hit snags, make sure you leave yourself enough time to get past the bumps in the road.  Honestly, the staff I dealt with in most departments really went out of their way to help me.  If I would have given them even an extra week, things might have turned out quite differently.

Not that this is the end of the world, except I would already to parading with the unit and in a position to be scheduled on summer training.  Now I am going to be waiting till this transfer is processed, and that could take awhile. 

Cheers

Back