• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CSOR in Kamloops, BC

tux_teh_crusher said:
I assume.

First mistake ... you assumed.

The only reason I know a few JTF members is because I was on course with them.
They don't indentify themselves in any way shape or form. 

Second mistake was not researching JTF or tan berets.

Edit

DAMN DAMN DAMN
sorry para.. I just broke the rule.. he has less than 10 posts..

tux_teh_crusher said:
just a question here -
In my hometown (Valemount BC) there were some CF helicopters in town doing some training (all that the paper said!!) At the same time I also saw a member of the CF coming out of the local store. I assume he was JTF2 because he put on a tan beret. Anyone know anything about any JTF2 training in Valemount??
no research done at all. Didn't even look in the proper forum.
Dude.
Seriously.

Hey, Para:

I saw two guys leaving a gas bar in Arnprior last week.  I assumed they were JTF 2 because they were wearing balaclavas. :p

(Edited for spelling due to lack of coffee.)

Haggis said:
Hey, Para:

I saw two guys leaving a gas bar in Arnprior last week.  I assumed they were JTF 2 becuse they were wearing balaclavas. :p

Naw...that's just local job action OJT.  :)

Gentlemen, and other members of the website:
Shall I put this up on the admin site so that everyone can see this as the perfect example of a lack of OPSEC by this new poster, and a less form from some of you? Good catch by the mods BTW.

tux_teh_crusher said:
I assume he was JTF2 because he put on a tan beret. Anyone know anything about any JTF2 training in Valemount??

To confirm or deny that this soldier was JTF, in itself may constitute a PERSEC violation, as young poster does not need to know who that person was. Second, to speculate that JTF2 was there is OPSEC violation. Were JTF2 works and trains has no place on this site.

Further, CANSOFCOM (which now is growing to a rather big organization) now all wear tan berets regardless of role, position or rank. The person in question could have very well been a Pte Airframe mechanic from the helicopter Sqn, or even the command RSM.

I'm sorry,

But a kid simply cannot be held accountable for OPSEC issues.  Its up to those "in the loop" to simply not answer his questions.

There are going to be people on this site who don't understand what OPSEC is, and what the ramifications are if it is comprimised, so they will speculate, speculate, and speculate some more, because they simply do not know.

Its in the best interest of everyone to allow people to speculate, ask, whatever.  If you constantly correct them, you're inadvertantly providing more information than what needs to be talked about.  Just do not answer their questions, PERIOD.

Excellent point, spidy. It is not the kids fault he is curious. This is the site where those questions should be asked.

and...
spidy said:
If you constantly correct them, you're inadvertantly providing more information that needs to be talked about.  Just do not answer their questions, PERIOD.
exactly. Let the Mods answer with the "that question can not be answered due to OPSEC considerations." The rest of us....stay out of it.

personally, I'm okay with blistering mockery as a response to the various JTF/SAS/Delta/Ninja/etc-type questions, as well.

In fact, I encourage it. If every one of thes questions is answered with a barrage of jokes, gags, and sarcasm, they may just come to a halt.

Or at least, provide me with amusement.

Which is the truly important thing.

Whew!  That's a relief to see, Paracowboy.

For a minute there, I thought Armymedics remarks were aimed at me.

paracowboy said:
personally, I'm okay with blistering mockery as a response to the various JTF/SAS/Delta/Ninja/etc-type questions, as well.

In fact, I encourage it. If every one of thes questions is answered with a barrage of jokes, gags, and sarcasm, they may just come to a halt.

Or at least, provide me with amusement.

Which is the truly important thing.

Par, IIRC, "mockery" is more correctly described as a combination of sarcasm and ridicule, two of the three tenets of good training; FEAR, SARCASM and RIDULE.  ;D

Just to put all the speculation to rest, 427 Special Ops Aviation Squadron is doing a trg ex in Valemount. They wear tan berets

Weinie said:
   Just to put all the speculation to rest, 427 Special Ops Aviation Squadron is doing a trg ex in Valemount. They wear tan berets

Apparently you failed to read the last few posts...

That part where all members of See Sore wear a tan beret regardless of postion.  (just a guess).

Please have a look at link

http://www.thevalleysentinel.com/portals-code/list.cgi?paper=131&cat=23&id=700236&more=1

Weinie...I assume that you missed my point.

Yes, it is public knowledge where they are, its in the newspapers,  however common sense would dictate that due to the nature of taskings these guys do, it would be BEST to minimize unecessary "Hey! Here's where they ARE and this is what they're DOING" type posts, as well as stating what they are wearing.

While the material may not be classified, every little piece of data can be collected an used in a malicious way.

I didn't miss your point at all, as a matter of fact, I posted that link to show a number of people that the speculation (and ensuing commentary) that was going on could have been very easily and quickly checked, without folks stating "it is CSOR, was it JTF 2? or the other paraphrased comments seen here.
  I have a pretty good understanding of OPSEC, and what constitutes a breach, and also what some folks thinks constitute a breach. There are some very valid reasons why things are done the way they are within some parts of CANSOFCOM, including which parts of the organization have a public profile, where they are exercising, what information about the unit will be distributed etc etc.
  What drives me, and many others, nuts, is that firstly, an incorrect premise is advanced, and then speculated on, and when the correct, non OPSEC breaching information is provided, others take umbrage with that fact. Misinformation can be damaging as well. 

Weinie said:
   I didn't miss your point at all, as a matter of fact, I posted that link to show a number of people that the speculation (and ensuing commentary) that was going on could have been very easily and quickly checked, without folks stating "it is CSOR, was it JTF 2? or the other paraphrased comments seen here.
   I have a pretty good understanding of OPSEC, and what constitutes a breach, and also what some folks thinks constitute a breach. There are some very valid reasons why things are done the way they are within some parts of CANSOFCOM, including which parts of the organization have a public profile, where they are exercising, what information about the unit will be distributed etc etc.
   What drives me, and many others, nuts, is that firstly, an incorrect premise is advanced, and then speculated on, and when the correct, non OPSEC breaching information is provided, others take umbrage with that fact. Misinformation can be damaging as well. 
he's right.

I still say the best way to deal with any issues about CANSOFCOM, in its' entirety, is savage and unyielding mockery. Or just blank stares.

paracowboy said:
blank stares.

I get that every morning I look in mirror while shaving, I must be a prime candidate for the Unit  ;D

Back