• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Criminal Records Check - CRC (Merged)

PS.  I was also told by a recruiter that having a criminal record could potentially hinder promotions.  If I were to to be evaluated for promotion and come out even with the next person, it could potentialy come into consideration.

PS. The recruiter told you Bull Crap.

Hi.  I am a 29 year old with a BComm and a bit of a checkered past who wants to go DEO Infantry.  I have a conditional discharge for impaired driving and assult charges which were dropped on my record, have lived in a foreign country for 4 years(South Korea), once had a discectmy to remove a piece of a ruptured disc in my back(however was cleared to go back to heavy manual work by WCB), and stopped the enrollment procedure midway through a few years ago because of an arrest.  Will the Forces even look at me or will I be questionable in too many areas?  I am looking for some opinions of people who know from personal experience as an applicant or recruiter.  Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

neilinkorea said:
Hi.   I am a 29 year old with a BComm and a bit of a checkered past who wants to go DEO Infantry.   I have a conditional discharge for impaired driving and assult charges which were dropped on my record, have lived in a foreign country for 4 years(South Korea), once had a discectmy to remove a piece of a ruptured disc in my back(however was cleared to go back to heavy manual work by WCB), and stopped the enrollment procedure midway through a few years ago because of an arrest.   Will the Forces even look at me or will I be questionable in too many areas?   I am looking for some opinions of people who know from personal experience as an applicant or recruiter.   Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Read the many threads on pre-assessments or pre-security assessments or pre-sec.  That will be the biggest hurdle for you but nothing is going to happen if you are not in Canada.

I want to join the army but does having a criminal record of breaking and entering at 15 risk that and does going to military school help your chances of joinning

:skull:

AFAIK, RMC is the only Military School in the Country, an it is hard too get into. If you get accepted, you join the CF as a OCdt. As for the criminal record, search around the forums, the best thing too do would be too call a Recruiting Centre and ask.

MikeL said:
As for the criminal record, search around the forums, the best thing too do would be too call a Recruiting Centre and ask.

That's the best advice. First, ask a Recruiter. Second thoroughly 'search' and read all the pertinent stuff here. There's reams of it pertaining to the questions you asked. Lastly:

Army.ca Conduct Guidelines: MUST READ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html

FRIENDLY ADVICE TO NEW MEMBERS - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937/post-259412.html#msg259412

Recruiting FAQ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/21101.0.html

Infantry FAQ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/21131.0.html

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test - http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101/post-103977.html#msg103977

Fitness requirements at enrolment, see page 12 of this brochure:
http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/media/pdf/physical_fitness_en.pdf

Search page - http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=search;advanced

To summarize. Welcome to Army.ca, start reading.

Offences under the YOA or YCJA are not relevent to your processing unless there is still a disposition in effect such as probation.

If i have a minor criminal record / under investigation will they still accept you or is there no way that you're going to be able to join and with having the 'record' they are all minor offences so do some times they look past it ?

Recruiting FAQ - Criminal Record - http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101/post-103981.html#msg103981

Welcome to Army.ca, you will find the FAQs and teh search function useful places to start.

I've read through those posts and they don't really hold the answer i'm looking for i have no legal oblications as it is, i.e conditions court dates etc, and my record as it stands are very very minor charges wich im sure wont pose to be a problem

The main concern i have is i've been under investigation for the past 3 years for organized crime, though i have not been charged wich the offence or do they have proff of this it's still tied to my name, would this cause a problem with me being accepted, or is it somthing they have to look past because there is no solid "proof" of these alligations.

You may consider them minor, while someone else just looks at them as being "A Criminal Record"; "Black and White - No Shades of Grey".  If you have applied and received a Pardon, then that is a different story.

The main concern i have is i've been under investigation for the past 3 years for organized crime, though i have not been charged wich the offence or do they have proff of this it's still tied to my name, would this cause a problem with me being accepted, or is it somthing they have to look past because there is no solid "proof" of these alligations.

What do you think?

HH

I always seem to get into trouble even when im not doing anything like my friend looks into a cars mirror to check his face and some smartass calls the cops and tells them that we were trying to break into a car and it goes into the system that i was suspected in trying to steal a car, also ive been arrested before for paintballing a building but that i really did. And ive also been arrested for breaking and entering but that didnt go on my record but i think its in the system now. with all this what do you suppose my chances of getting into the army are???

I forgot to mention i was just looking into a store window at night and a smartass called the cops saying i was breaking into the place because i wasnt really breaking into it

Try reading from the beginning of the thread. When in doubt, call the Recruiting Centre.

Revolter said:
I forgot to mention i was just looking into a store window at night and a smartass called the cops saying i was breaking into the place because i wasn't really breaking into it

Example of : Actions have consequences

I have a seventeen year old who complains of the same thing...hmmm

He also complains that he's not passing because he doesn't like the teachers and they don't like him

Example of : Inactions have consequences
::)

Revolter said:
I always seem to get into trouble even when im not doing anything like my friend looks into a cars mirror to check his face and some smartass calls the cops and tells them that we were trying to break into a car and it goes into the system that i was suspected in trying to steal a car, also ive been arrested before for paintballing a building but that i really did. And ive also been arrested for breaking and entering but that didnt go on my record but i think its in the system now. with all this what do you suppose my chances of getting into the army are???

Well, it would appear the local cops know you well enough to be your references, so at least we'll be saved from that question from you.

Hi,

I have exhausted the search feature at this point and haven't found anything that sheds any light on my particular situation. My apologies if I overlooked it.

I am a Canadian who spent a bit of my life in the USA and have criminal convictions there. All obligations have been fulfilled since the start of 2007.

These convictions are not on my Canadian criminal record, though immigration seemed to indicate they will be present as notations on my RCMP file. Will these be an obstacle for the enlistment process? It would be impossible for me to get a pardon as they are not Canadian charges...

My interest is infantry which I do not believe is security sensitive.

If anyone has any insight on this I would appreciate it very much.

Cheers,

-Teddy

teddymtl said:
My interest is infantry which I do not believe is security sensitive.

:rofl:

Please.....if you have no idea, dont say anything.

The recruiting process and pre-screening is the same for everyone.....your US record will undoubtably show up when they do a backgroud check on you.....

Everyone these days has the potentila to be in a security sensitive position, some more than others

Back