• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl. Nathan Hornburg Killed in Afghanistan- 25 Sept/07

My condolences to the family. The regiment will carry on, but won't ever forget him, he will always be part of us.
Onward

RIP to the fallen.  Condolences to his family, his friends and his comrades in arms.  A speedy recovery to the wounded.  Bravo Zulu to all involved for the quick recovery of the fallen and wounded whilst under fire.

:salute:

May you rest in peace Cpl Nathan Hornburg.  I pray for you, your family, your friends, others who have been wounded today, and your comrades left behind.  To my friends in the KOCR, my condolences.  Cpl  Hornburg thank you for everything you gave to help the Afghan people.  Many people understand what you were doing and why, and we are grateful.
May God Bless you all.

RIP Cpl Hornburg.  To St. Michael's ranks you go, for heaven is yours to guard now.

To the family, friends and Regiment of Cpl Hornburg I offer my deepest condolences.

:cdn:

:salute:

Having been on scene I just wanted to say that Cpl Hornburg did everything right and performed amazingly under the most dire of conditions.  He performed to the highest standard and will always be remembered that way.

Perseverance

I shall view your passing from the ranks on parade on the ramp.  :'(
It saddens me everytime I stand and salute to say goodbye to another brother in arms.
RIP, Nathan.  Stand down, you've done your duty.  :salute:
:cdn:

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/6_1_1.asp?id=2266

OTTAWA, Ontario — One Canadian soldier was killed and four others were wounded on September 24, during Operation SADIQ SARBAAZ, at about 4:30 p.m. Kandahar time.

The incident occurred approximately 47 km west of Kandahar City, in the Panjwayi District.

Killed was 24-year-old Corporal Nathan Hornburg, a Reserve soldier with The King's Own Calgary Regiment (RCAC), based out of Calgary, Alberta. Cpl Hornburg was repairing a Leopard tank with another soldier when he was killed by a mortar shell fired by the Taliban.

Both helicopters and road ambulances were used to evacuate the casualties to the Multinational Medical Unit at Kandahar Airfield. The wounded soldiers are in stable condition and have contacted their families.

Operation SADIQ SARBAAZ (Honest Soldier) is a joint Afghan National Security Forces and International Security Assistance Force operation that will set the conditions for a continuous security presence and the establishment of a new police sub-station in the northern part of Panjwayi.

Cpl Hornburg is the 71st Canadian soldier to die since the Afghan mission began.

RIP Soldier!
''And when he gets to Heaven, to St.Peter, he will tell, ''One more Soldier Reporting Sir!, I've served my time in hell''  :salute: :cdn:

RIP Cpl Hornburg.  You served your country well.  Sincerest condolences to family, friends and comrades.  Godspeed. 

rest in peace soldier
you will not be forgotten  :salute:  :cdn:
a speedy recovery to the wounded  :salute:  :cdn:
condolences to all
                              scoty b

Back