• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl. Martin Dube, 35, killed by IED, alongside Afghan officer

RIP Cpl Dube. :salute: :cdn:

Rest well, my brother. You have done your duty, now we MUST do ours!

We will remember you! :salute:

RIP.  Rest soundly as a proud soldier that was doing his job. :yellow:

Just back from the ramp ceremony; he is on his way home. Godspeed Martin.

Rest in peace Sapper, you've done a great job. My most sincere condolences to the Regiment, the families of both the Sapper and the Afghan policeman, and a wish of a speedy recovery to the translator. Ubique :cdn: :yellow:

0522h here, and waking up to more bad news. Thoughts with his mates in theatre, and family back home.

OWDU

There was a back to back ceremony tonight.  One for a fallen Black Watch soldier as well.  Largest amount of troops I have seen with both the British and Canadian contingents out in full as well as other nationals.  This makes 4 in one week I have attended.  I hope these will be my last and all the folks go home safe.

Condolences to the family, colleagues and friends of the fallen....  :salute:

No greater honour and virtue than one who lays down his life attempting to save others.
Rest Easy, Sapper.
Chimo.
BYTD

R.I.P Cpl Dube. I celebrated New Years eve while on vacation with an engineer from QC, the picture of Martin Dube sure looks  lot like the soldier I shared a few moments talking about home.  Sorry to hear about the loss of another Canadian Soldier.

From the House of Commons yesterday:
Mrs. Alexandra Mendes (Brossard—La Prairie, Lib.)
    Mr. Speaker, it is with a heavy heart that we learned of the death of yet another of our brave soldiers in Afghanistan.

[Translation]

I would like to express our sincere condolences and sympathies to the family and loved ones of Corporal Martin Dubé, from the 5 Combat Engineer Regiment based at Canadian Forces Base Valcartier, Quebec.

[English]

Corporal Dubé was killed by an improvised explosive device he was trying to disarm. He died doing his duty, and for that, his memory shall forever be honoured.

[Translation]

I know that all of my colleagues join me in saluting Corporal Dubé's courage and sense of duty. We continue to be proud of Canadian Forces soldiers as they carry out their very dangerous missions in Afghanistan.

[English]

Corporal Dubé is the 120th of our brave men and women of the Canadian Forces to make the ultimate sacrifice since the beginning of the Afghan mission. May none of them ever be forgotten.

Our Fallen Soldier Returns Home
LFCA MA 09-11 - June 16, 2009

OTTAWA – Our fallen soldier, Corporal Martin Dubé from the 5e Régiment de génie de combat based at Canadian Forces Base Valcartier near Quebec City, returns home to Canada tomorrow.

Where:  8 Wing, Canadian Forces Base Trenton, Ontario.
When:  Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
What:    At the request of the family, media will be permitted on the tarmac.

Present to pay their respects will be Her Excellency The Governor General of Canada, The Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, The Vice Chief of the Defence Staff Vice-Admiral J.A.D. Rouleau, and other dignitaries.

Private Dubé was killed as a result of an explosion of an improvised explosive device (IED). The incident occurred in the vicinity of Panjwayi District, approximately 20 km southwest of Kandahar City at around 12:30 p.m., Kandahar time, June 14, 2009. Corporal Dubé was responding to a call to neutralize two IEDs when one of them exploded.
He was serving as a member of the Joint Task Force Headquarters.

-30-

Note to Editors/News Directors:
Interested media may contact Lieutenant Annie Morin, 8 Wing/CFB Trenton Public Affairs Officer, who can be reached at 613-392-2811, ext. 4565, 613-243-7330 (mobile), or at: morin.mva@forces.gc.ca.

For general queries, please contact the Media Liaison Office at 1-866-377-0811 or 613-996-2353, or on weekends 613-792-2973. For flight information, please contact the Air Passenger Terminal at 1-800-487-1186.

RSS DND/CF News (What is RSS?)

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/news-nouvelles/view-news-afficher-nouvelles-eng.asp?id=3005

It really irks me that they can't even get his rank correct, and that is on the Forces website ffs.  Doesn't anyone on staff there proof read articles before they are posted?

Rip Cpl Dubé.

Eye In The Sky said:
It really irks me that they can't even get his rank correct, and that is on the Forces website ffs.  Doesn't anyone on staff there proof read articles before they are posted?

Rip Cpl Dubé.

Staff work has gone to cr*p in the past few years.

RIP Cpl Dube.

OldSolduer said:
Staff work has gone to cr*p in the past few years.

RIP Cpl Dube.

I just contacted the Media Liaison Office (contact info on the bottom of the MA).  The Capt I spoke to on the phone was quite unhappy but very thankful for the phone call and said she would work on getting it fixed asap.

Hopefully they will correct is soonest.

Thankfully they work fast.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/news-nouvelles/view-news-afficher-nouvelles-eng.asp?id=3005

Our Fallen Soldier Returns Home

LFCA MA 09-11 - June 16, 2009

OTTAWA – Our fallen soldier, Corporal Martin Dubé from the 5e Régiment de génie de combat based at Canadian Forces Base Valcartier near Quebec City, returns home to Canada tomorrow.

Where:  8 Wing, Canadian Forces Base Trenton, Ontario.
When:  Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
What:    At the request of the family, media will be permitted on the tarmac.

Present to pay their respects will be Her Excellency The Governor General of Canada, The Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, The Vice Chief of the Defence Staff Vice-Admiral J.A.D. Rouleau, and other dignitaries.

Corporal Dubé was killed as a result of an explosion of an improvised explosive device (IED). The incident occurred in the vicinity of Panjwayi District, approximately 20 km southwest of Kandahar City at around 12:30 p.m., Kandahar time, June 14, 2009. Corporal Dubé was responding to a call to neutralize two IEDs when one of them exploded.

He was serving as a member of the Joint Task Force Headquarters.

-30-

Back