• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Could use some thoughts for Recruiting...If anyone still cares about out Army...

As someone mentioned before , bring a vehicle to the school , like occasionally there are things passing through my town since its a supply/logistics base , heck there was a tank here not to long ago

Schools are very hard sell to get brigades to let you do demos on. They said to me when I asked is what if we forget to get brass pickup or if PRO sends fragments of rock and FOD into pers or property.  I was told to use a park because they are constantly cleaned up and can be cordoned off for events.  It is local and can fit allot of people.  If advertised well and with word of mouth a park will fill.

Safety is key for the set up and your mission statement when you send it up.  We also used our collapsible OBUA site during our event and that was a kicker that made people come to us in droves.

Don't limit yourself to the standard ways of recruiting.

collapsible OBUA site? Whats that like?

And why is brass pickup such a big deal? I have yet to understand the mentality behind it.

The collapsible OBUA site is easy to make we used generic style walls made of press board with cut outs for doors and windows in random spots.  If we didn't need the windows and doors in that situation we used the cut out boards in the wall (tacked in temporally) to form a solid wall.  This type of wooded structure can be molded into hundreds of different configurations and is better then most OBUA sites for differnet realistic training.

For the brass issue,  clean up of spent rounds is a environment issue in non military regulated areas and who knows what legal issues if someone finds a spent round and cuts him/herself and they play the "Suing" game.

For PR thats not the best way to go and as always we as soldiers are to leave a place better then we received it.

Back