• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Convoy - The longest battle of WWII

gwp

Reaction score
The following History Channel link provides detailed information on air (and re-airing) times:

http://www.history.ca/ontv/titledeta...titleid=248473

Partly to mark the 100th anniversary of the Canadian Navy in Canada in 2010, the navy participated in the production of "Convoy,” a four-part documentary series of one-hour television programs.

Always first to go to war for the Canada, the story of the Canadian Navy and the longest battle of the Second World War.

The series is a Canada/UK co-production with national television broadcasts on History Television (Canada) and Channel Four (UK).

It traces the critical roles played by Canadian, British, and United States naval and air forces in the Battle of the Atlantic. It looks at how the Royal Canadian Navy overcame initial challenges of ships and sailors to play a pivotal role in determining the final outcome of the battle. German naval forces, and the Kriegsmarine's U-Boat commander, Admiral Karl Doenitz, are also featured.

The series is driven by historic stock footage, dramatic recreations and compelling interviews with survivors of the battle as well as modern-day naval historians in Canada (including serving Cdr Ken Hansen), Britain, and the US.

The series is being aired on History Television from Sunday, Nov 8th to Wednesday Nov 11th.

I just read the email. Thank you for posting for everyone to hear about this.

Thanks gwp for the notice. I ended up watching all four episdoes.

My grandfather was a sonor operator in WWII, but unforntunately I didn't hear much about his experiences. I think he felt I was too young and I know he didn't like to talk about it that much. It was great to get a glimpse of what he experienced. Thanks again.

I recorded it. My father served on HMCS LOCKPORT, FORT ERIE, UNGAVA and FUNDY. Three minesweepers and a frigate. One of which was coal fired. He was on the Triangle Run. He was never in the water, but said sometimes they carried more survivors than crew. He went to 16 re-unions:
http://www.artapps.ca/

Back