• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Converse Desert Boot

dothedr3w

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.lapolicegear.com/co9melaupdet.html

I'm thinking of purchasing the boot from the above link.  In case the link doesn't work it's the Converse 8" Men's Lace Up Desert Tan Boot.  Does anyone here have any experience with them.  Do they fit the same as a running shoe? ie. I wear a size 9 shoe, will I buy a size 9 boot?  Also, does anyone know of any place that sells these in Canada?  Thanks!

Try searching lightfighter.net, probably some good reviews there.

I wouldn't recommend buying that boot.

Everyone I know who wore those boots in Afghanistan had the same issue. The sole of the boot is glued on, not stitched so eventually it will peel off.

-Skeletor- said:
I wouldn't recommend buying that boot.

Everyone I know who wore those boots in Afghanistan had the same issue. The sole of the boot is glued on, not stitched so eventually it will peel off.

Agree.. Had the same problem. Very comfortable and light... but don't breathe well at all. Mine barely hung on until the end of my tour.

kc

Can anyone recommend a different boot that breathes better and/or is more durable?

On tour I picked up Bellville 490 Desert boots at the US PX. They fit a size smaller than your shoe size, atleast for me. Wore them a lot on tour, held up very well an were comfortable.

I'm also a fan of Original Swat boots, haven't used their desert boots yet though, but the guys I know who had them on tour liked them. They use your shoe sizing, an you can buy them in Canada  cpgear.com has a few different types of Swats aswell.

I've used Original SWAT Desert and Bates M9 Desert, they're both very good. The SWATs are a bit lighter. Original SWAT fits roughly the same as running shoe sizes, I took a smaller size in the Bates. Both are sold by CP Gear in Canada.

I'd suggest Rocky S2Vs:
http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/footwear3.html#s2v

I've been wearing my black pair for over a year now and I'm VERY happy with them.  There's a bit of a discussion on them in this thread:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/16983/post-845976.html#msg845976

I'll back up Wonderbread on the Rocky's. hey are a well built light boot.

I also believe you can not kill those Desert Swats.

dothedr3w said:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/co9melaupdet.html

I'm thinking of purchasing the boot from the above link.  In case the link doesn't work it's the Converse 8" Men's Lace Up Desert Tan Boot.  Does anyone here have any experience with them.  Do they fit the same as a running shoe? ie. I wear a size 9 shoe, will I buy a size 9 boot?  Also, does anyone know of any place that sells these in Canada?  Thanks!

I have a pair of these in 9 or 9 & 1/2 I could sell you. Their brand new, I wore them once but I have really wide feet and these are normal width so I couldn't wear them. If you're interested PM me

And they fit same as regular shoes, 9 is a 9

I bough a pair of the Magnum Amazons while in Wainwright. They run at about $150 or less, so some of the cheaper pairs you can buy. I was initially worried about quality when I bought them, but so far have been very impressed. They are made very thin, and what I assume is leather. They are light, very breathable and very comfortable. They stood up well in Wainwright, no wear and tear, which is better than I can say for the 411's I bought and wore through Suffield. Also, I wore them on my last BFT, and it was the first BFT were I didnt get any hot spots or blisters. They also come with a lace lock around the ankle part of the boot, which is a great addition. And the boot is also reinforced around the ankle to help stabilize.

On the down side, I do find the Sole of the boot to be rather thin, so over rockier terrain I think you would have a problem. And there is definitely no water resistance with this boot, so sucks if you're playing in puddles.

Over all, its the most impress boot if worn yet, from the boots Ive worn. (CF Mk3, WWB, GPB, Magnum Stealths, 411 Patrol boot, and the junk new CF Desert boot with the lousy perforated holes)

Back