• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Concerns about my application..

M

matman240

I'm 20 years old. 6'1" with a slim but lean build. Caucasian male. Gr. 12 Education with at least B honors throughout my high school years. I didn't take principles of math when I was in school. I took Applications of Math up until Gr. 11 (I had a B average). I have worked three separate part time jobs with four years of on the job work experience. Fitness wise I'm capable of roughly 60 consecutive push ups (real ones), 40 real sit ups/100+ crunches, I can run 2.4 km in roughly 9 mins 45 secs.

I am strongly interested in applying for the ROTP. I'm interested in the BA of Business Administration offered at the RMC. My occupations of choice from one to three are: Pilot (air force), Signals Officer(ARMY), Public Relations Officer(any branch). I understand that the RMC offers a math preperatory course before you undergo the standard four years of university. I fully understand the sacrifices that must be made for a full time career in the forces, and I am willing to make them. That all being said I'll get to the point. I'm concerned about all the negative comments I've read about the RMC. I doubt it's as bad as people make it sound, but it's still disconcerting to hear these comments. Anyways, based on what I've said I just want your opinion on whether or not I stand a chance at being accepted, and would like to know if there's anything else I should know before applying. Thanks.

My only comment is don't go SIGNALS if you're not interested in math. After all, you need an engineering degree. The math will come fast and furious, and not stop until you graduate.

I've always had a pretty good aptitude when it comes to math, I guess you can say I just took the easy way out in school. I took mainly computer courses with my electives, which was kind of foolish on my part.

What about Pilots? Do I need to be a genius to begin with to stand a chance at it. Personally, I think I could be great at it, but that's coming from somebody with no real experience. That's my two cents, probably all its worth.

matman240 said:
I've always had a pretty good aptitude when it comes to math, I guess you can say I just took the easy way out in school. I took mainly computer courses with my electives, which was kind of foolish on my part.

What about Pilots? Do I need to be a genius to begin with to stand a chance at it. Personally, I think I could be great at it, but that's coming from somebody with no real experience. That's my two cents, probably all its worth.

You need at least Gr 11U Math and Gr 12 English to apply for ROTP for a BA at RMC.   Math skills are very important if you want to be a pilot.   Deadline for applications for ROTP Pilot is very soon so you had better hurry.

Back