• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer to Avn tech.

jswift872

Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently in the Infantry Reserves. I did task force 1/07 augmented with Hotel Coy 2 RCR. When coming home in august, I decided to switch to Reg Force. I put my transfer in September to go AVN Tech. Time goes by and I get call to go in and do my medical and interview. When I went to do my medical, I was informed I was missing my Med Docs, my unit lost track of them. The CFRC had a copy of my shadow file.
Finally after months of my probing the unit and finally losing my mind and risking charges of insubordination or conduct unbecoming, my med docs were located and I got medically signed off January 18 of this year. A friend of mine who put his ct in the same day as me got his call and goes to BordenĀ  at the end of this month. A friend who put his in after me, by about a month, got his call and leave soon as well. I called a few days ago, and my processing has JUST started in Borden, and I was quoted a "by the end of March you should hear from us"
So, yes, for most the CT process is slowly becoming better. Myself, not so much.

You are likely waiting for a Prior Learning Assessment review (PLAR) to be done. The one clerk who does it works by priority occupations and right now AVN isn't as high a priority as it was when your friends applied. What they will do is review your file and military career, your MPRR (need to make sure it's up to date and accurate) to see if you will get a BMQ bypass. Call your file manager and ask nicely what exactly is your file waiting for in Borden. If your buddy has exactly the same time in and courses they may be able to cross reference your file with his to get it done quickly.

thanks for that info. my buddies have the same time in, same tour, same c class. I know I will get a bypass as I got the offer for RCR after tour to go there as a Cpl. But, I want to go AVN Tech, I know I will be getting Pte 3. But again, thanks, I will call them and tell them to see if they can hurry something up as they are dealing with the same situations.

Back