• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

I wouldn't say getting out to rejoin the regs is ever good advice.

I submitted my CT/OT application online mid August of 09 and haven't received a response to confirm receipt. I am sure an email will appear one of these days, but I just wanted to give other prospective applicants the heads-up that things appear to be quite busy at the DMCA currently. 

If you haven't heard anything and you applied between the 7th and 19th of August you need to resubmit your application because they were having technical difficulties.  You should get the email from them pretty quickly.

bucks said:
If you haven't heard anything and you applied between the 7th and 19th of August you need to resubmit your application because they were having technical difficulties.  You should get the email from them pretty quickly.

Oh dear, I did apply during that time. In any event, I acquired the application form from one of the threads on this forum and sent the form to DMCACT@forces.gc.ca.

Thank you for your help bucks

For clarification, who is the authority for administering a CT from Res to Reg?
I am still fighting to get a few things sorted out, and I keep getting told to "take it up with the CFRC" which makes little or no sense...

GDawg said:
For clarification, who is the authority for administering a CT from Res to Reg?
I am still fighting to get a few things sorted out, and I keep getting told to "take it up with the CFRC" which makes little or no sense...

STOP !

Go back and read the CANFORGEN.

It has all the info.

The CFRC has nothing to do with CTs other than swearing you in after the whole business is completed.

Hello there
really need some help finding out how long it takes for a current reservist to transfer over to reg force???
i heard it takes a long time hopefully not the case?
thanks

In some cases it's taking a very long time. I've seen upwards of 8-12 months. There is only one person in Ottawa doing CTs right now and he's a tad behind.

There are too many factors to simply offer a timeline.  Try searching on "Component Transfer", use the main search page and you can limit the responses to the last six months or a year to have current posts on the subject.

This is not a "Recruiting" Question, so search in the appropriate forum for the answers.  As a member is already a member of the CF, and not trying to join the CF, the answers will be found in a more appropriate forum such as: Occupational and Component Transfers.

Does anyone know how this works?  Transferring from the Reserve Force to the Regular Force?  Also, how early can you transfer?  All help is appreciated.  Thanks:)

Nope, no one knows how that works, it's never been done before.    ::)

Search the forums for "Component Transfer"

brendanthompson said:
Does anyone know how this works?  Transferring from the Reserve Force to the Regular Force?  Also, how early can you transfer?  All help is appreciated.  Thanks:)

You must be more specific than that. Transferring from the PRes to the Reg Force is a very multifaceted process that involves many things. Try narrowing your question down much more and you will be more likely to get helpful responses.

Umm transferring from an infantry reserve unit as a Combat Engineer to the regular force as a Combat Engineer.  Do you have to wait for a spot to be open?  I dunno what else I can say to help.

Wait what? You are a Reserve Combat Engineer in a Reserve Infantry unit?

An I would assume that if the trade is closed than you would have to wait till next FY for a spot to open up. If you are already QL3 qual that may change things, but I don't know. I believe the CT process starts at your OR so ask them.

*correction

I just read some of your other posts an you aren't even in yet.. if your goal is Reg Force just wait for a spot to open up in the Reg Force unless you plan on spending some time in the Reserves an not just waiting for a spot to open up in the Regs than going.  Also search I think there is an entire forum dedicated to CTs an other administrative processes, etc

I can tell you from personal experience...

My trade was closed, and they opened a spot.
The person in charge of your transfer in Ottawa will put a request in and they might open a spot before the new FY.

I phoned CFRC and they told me CTing must be done through the unit OR. He said you must fill out a application online at your unit. So should I write a memo or just go talk to the OR clerk?

Always wanted to be a Reg and now with little class A and B work it is the perfect time! ;) I hope I bypass recruit school, I wouldn't want to waste the taxpayers money.  ::)

Back