• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

runormal said:
I'll further echo these statements. I know numerous people who put CT's back in early 2014. It took us all roughly 6 months to get the ack that our file was rcvd and none of us have heard anything else.

Time will tell.

My CT has been in since October 2012. Heard nothing other than that they've received my file.

JS2218 said:
My CT has been in since October 2012. Heard nothing other than that they've received my file.

What's your trade that you are going into that's a pretty excessive amount of time..

NSDreamer said:
Have you followed up at all, that seems excessive...

Of course I've followed up. It's been a mixture of no response and "we'll look into that for you."

Hi Guys I'm from halifax and a reservist supply tech. I applied to the reg force last (feb 2014) I have a broker and am 5s qualified. I was told today from my Broker who is a captain that my file has been sent to my new broker , who is a mcpl. I emailed her and she sent an auto reply saying she is currently busy sending out component transfer offers. Does this mean I am most likely going to receive an offer?  Also what are the chances that I will get halifax as my posting since I live there and positions are open.

Thanks
Lilflip

**I recently completed my 5s in feb 2015 and was told that my file has been moved into the trained files for completion I have been in since 2008

I am a Res QL3 qualified Res MP, to CT over to Reg MP will I still need to fulfill the Education requirement normally applicable to public applicants to Reg MP? I was recruited to the Res MP under an Emergency Recruiting Order and was given an Education Waiver.

I do realize I will have to repeat QL3 which is what I'm after as as a Reservist, it is hard to get on the Reg QL3 to qualify and be a sworn/badged federal Peace Officer.

Thanks.

RedcapCrusader said:
I am a Res QL3 qualified Res MP, to CT over to Reg MP will I still need to fulfill the Education requirement normally applicable to public applicants to Reg MP? I was recruited to the Res MP under an Emergency Recruiting Order and was given an Education Waiver.

I do realize I will have to repeat QL3 which is what I'm after as as a Reservist, it is hard to get on the Reg QL3 to qualify and be a sworn/badged federal Peace Officer.

Thanks.

The absolute bare minimum in a case like yours (ie; CT Applicant and current serving P Res MP) is..........

Secondary school graduation certificate or a secondary V certificate of Quebec

AND
• Two full courses from any program from an approved post-secondary institution (ie; from Law and Security, Police Foundations, etc)

OR
• Two university credit courses completed (in Quebec, four (4) university courses of three (3) credits) in one or more of the following areas:
o Criminal Justice
o Criminology
o Emergency/Crisis and Disaster Management
o Justice Studies
o Law
o Police Science/Studies
o Psychology
o Sécurité Publique (Quebec)
o Sociology

Have a valid provincial/territorial driver’s license

AND
• Must have attained the Operationally Functional Point (OFP) for MP 00161 in the P Res

AND
• Deployed operational experience (international or domestic) of at least six (6) months cumulative

OR
• Must be qualified as a Close Protection Operative (AGGB)

DAA said:
The absolute bare minimum in a case like yours (ie; CT Applicant and current serving P Res MP) is..........

Secondary school graduation certificate or a secondary V certificate of Quebec

AND
• Two full courses from any program from an approved post-secondary institution (ie; from Law and Security, Police Foundations, etc)

OR
• Two university credit courses completed (in Quebec, four (4) university courses of three (3) credits) in one or more of the following areas:
o Criminal Justice
o Criminology
o Emergency/Crisis and Disaster Management
o Justice Studies
o Law
o Police Science/Studies
o Psychology
o Sécurité Publique (Quebec)
o Sociology

Have a valid provincial/territorial driver’s license

AND
• Must have attained the Operationally Functional Point (OFP) for MP 00161 in the P Res

AND
• Deployed operational experience (international or domestic) of at least six (6) months cumulative

OR
• Must be qualified as a Close Protection Operative (AGGB)

Wow. Well that answers that question hahaha.

Thanks DAA

RedcapCrusader said:
Wow. Well that answers that question hahaha.

Thanks DAA

MP is a tough occupation to get into these days.

Hi Guys I'm from halifax and a reservist supply tech. I applied to the reg force last (feb 2014) I have a broker and am 5s qualified. I was told today from my Broker who is a captain that my file has been sent to my new broker , who is a mcpl. I emailed her and she sent an auto reply saying she is currently busy sending out component transfer offers. Does this mean I am most likely going to receive an offer?  Also what are the chances that I will get halifax as my posting since I live there and positions are open.

Thanks
Lilflip

**I recently completed my 5s in feb 2015 and was told that my file has been moved into the trained files for completion I have been in since 2008

lilfip66 said:

Thanks
Lilflip

No need to post this more than once, especially in the same thread.....

MILNET.CA MENTOR

lilfip66 said:

Thanks
Lilflip

The reason no one is replying is because no one has a clue. It is a small understaffed department that has a huge responsibility. To me, yes it sounds good that you got moved given, the brokers out office alert. Will you get an offer soon? No one knows, the last few pages have been of people discussing the process and how we wish there was more transparency in the process.

As per where will you get posted, no one knows. Do they need QL5'ED supply techs in Halifax? I have no idea. You'll go wherever you are needed. In my trade I have friends who been posted to Cold Lake, Pet and Wainwright. There really isn't a way to say for sure.  Furthermore I have had friends try to get a different location/unit and have been told more or less "this is the offer take it or we will delete your application".

Good luck, and please let us know if you hear anything.

DAA said:
MP is a tough occupation to get into these days.

I honestly had no idea that it was that tight for someone like myself, already in and partially trained, I have my Security clearance and MPAC.

Well, that's honestly a bit of a let down. I'm looking for a change of pace, and layoffs are becoming frequent in Alberta. My own fate is sealed.

RedcapCrusader said:
I honestly had no idea that it was that tight for someone like myself, already in and partially trained, I have my Security clearance and MPAC.

Well, that's honestly a bit of a let down. I'm looking for a change of pace, and layoffs are becoming frequent in Alberta. My own fate is sealed.

You will never know your "true" fate, until you submit your CT application.  If you don't meet the entry standards, they should tell you right from the start.  In the mean time, if you are really interested in doing a CT, then you know what will be expected of you.

DAA said:
You will never know your "true" fate, until you submit your CT application.  If you don't meet the entry standards, they should tell you right from the start.  In the mean time, if you area really interested in doing a CT, then you know what will be expected of you.

I'm curious if there is a stipulation to putting a CT in for an officer trade w/o a completed a degree. I'm a fourth student and due to switching majors I am 6 classes behind.  I could easily graduate by the end of the summer if required and all my ducks are in a row that if I needed to do the last few courses online that would also be a possibility.

Can I apply for CT/OT(U) to MARS O without a completed Degree? I know my MPRR says I'm only in second year University as there isn't a point to pay for another official transcript until I graduate. I'm just curious if this would essentially put my file in a black hole never to be found. I know off the street candidates can submit a request to DEO in there last year of studies and that is normal, however I'm not sure if the same thing applies to CT. I did a quick site search and couldn't find anything. To further compound things I'm not even sure what my entry plan is. I initially applied for AESOP but after my vision went from V3 - V4 I got my trade changed to MARS... Fun times nonetheless  >:D

DAA said:
You will never know your "true" fate, until you submit your CT application.  If you don't meet the entry standards, they should tell you right from the start.  In the mean time, if you area really interested in doing a CT, then you know what will be expected of you.

I was actually referring to my civilian employment. I'm getting axed as of 01 May, but I understand.

Redcap C

If interested the RCMP is looking at full troops this year (just under 1000 cadets) going through Depot with an expectation that Alberta will get over 300 of those graduates. Majority of the rest will be going to BC.

Plus you can stay in the PRes (just not MP) if you wish. 

**shameless recruiting plug**

AB

Back