• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

So menion do you think it would be better to do a component transfer instead of quiting the reserve first? I joined the reserves because I thought It would be a bonus on my application when I join the regs as officer

I'd suggest you do a component and not quit. Quitting and rejoining will take much longer then a transfer.

BLACKBERRY said:
I will be transfering into the reg force as a infantry officer when I finish my degree in 18 months. I am doing infantry NCM in the reserves. Should I quit the reserves and start a new file or do a component transfer?
Do the component transfer.

BLACKBERRY said:
can you put in for transfer during your last term if you only have three or four courese left so that by the time you graduate in the four month period you would be able to slip quickly into training
You can apply now and provide an updated copy of your university transcripts once they are available.  If this is the route you want to take, you should start now and you might be in before summer phase training starts.

Do you have to repeat all the tests if you did them just back in April of 2004?  Or does time not factor in, and everyone must repeat process?

And I don't know how to do a memo, so I guess I will just go have a chat with my sarge on thursday.  I was hoping I went to someone outside of my chain of command, like someone in recruiting or at CFRC.  It's hard to get papers done when you're only at the armories once a week for a few hours. took 3 weeks just to get my travel claims in. ( so i guess 6 weeks to get Component transfer stuff in ain't to bad)

You'll probably will have to redo all the tests. I'm sure you got someone working full-time at the orderly room and your Sgts do show up at the armoury to work during the week even though you don't. What was good for me was that the clerk that took care of the transfer had a class b at the unit so he was there pretty much full-time so I had no problems contacting him.

BLACKBERRY said:
I joined the reserves because I thought It would be a bonus on my application when I join the regs as officer

It will be a bonus as long as you have received positive evaluation reports, otherwise it will certainly harm your application.

Thanks Ark I think that is common sense if you do shitty in anything from working at a gas station to getting poor marks in university it does not make anyone look good. I work hard in the reserves and take it very seriously. A lot of my friends in the reserve treat it like it's some part time rambo camp, but I always make sure that I understand everything and keep my fitness up to par. Anyways, thanks for the advice

If you wanted to join the reserves and then join the regular force once you were of age
could you do it and get any benefits in the regular force.   :salute:

Yes, you can do a componet transfer from the reserve to the reg force, but it takes awhile. Once your in the reg force, your have medical/dental coverage, etc.

Its now November and I have my papers all filled out and ready to hand in... only took 2 days to get my references and everything together, but it took 2 months for my memo to get through.  Only problem now is that I keep getting told I am not allowed into the Orderly room, and I have to give my papers to my cpl (who ignores me or gets mad anytime I mention transfering)
Does anyone know when The OR is open?

and as a private am I allowed to go and give in my papers? because with rememberance day and christmas i figure my paperwork won't even make it to their desk before january if i give it to my cpl.

I am currently on my way to getting into the reserve (in about 2 months) but am already considering possibly going full time. Is there some sort of process I need to go through or any tests? Also, do I decided how long I stay in full time? I remember someone coming to my school and saying its between 2-14 years...

DjC, first, I don't think you can start a componet transfer untill you have your BMQ completed.

To begin the process, you have to send a memo up your chain of commend saying you want to transfer to the regular force, into whatever trade. Eventually it will get to the BOR an your start the application.

Your first basic engagment in the regular force is 3 years.

Ok thanks, but thats odd, I remember 2 years on a brochure...

Hey all, I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything on it, so I was wondering how would you switch from reserves to regular and how long would it take and would you have to redo you basic training? and also when you do join the regular forces can you choose where you want to be stationed, like I live in quebec but I would like to be station at petewawa. or does it go by which unit is currently recruiting. thanks all info is very appreciated.

chris

I hear the transfering process from reserves to reg force is quite lengthly.  Is it possible to quit the reserves and start the application process all over
again to go reg force?  Has anyone ever done/known somebody who has done this?  Why is the reserves to reg transfer take so damn long!?!?!? 
thanks for the insight guys.

Yea, but if you quit an than rejoin, it can take just aslong as a componet transfer because they have to do a VFS.

Back