• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Commonly Confused Word Test

Well it certainly wasn't because I was paying attention in school.

English Genius
You scored 93% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 93% Expert!

Tabernac!  I is smart, eh!

You scored 93% on Beginner, higher than 35% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Intermediate, higher than 51% of your peers.
You scored 100% on Advanced, higher than 74% of your peers.
You scored 80% on Expert, higher than 49% of your peers.

# You scored 93% on Beginner, higher than 35% of your peers.
# 51/100 You scored 100% on Intermediate, higher than 51% of your peers.
# 74/100 You scored 100% on Advanced, higher than 74% of your peers.
# 49/100 You scored 80% on Expert, higher than 49% of your peers.

English Genius

You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 100% Expert!

66/100 You scored 100% on Beginner, higher than 66% of your peers.
51/100 You scored 100% on Intermediate, higher than 51% of your peers.
74/100 You scored 100% on Advanced, higher than 74% of your peers.
92/100 You scored 100% on Expert, higher than 92% of your peers.

I guess all the reading I do somewhat pays off.  :)

Your result for The Commonly Confused Words Test ...

Advanced
You scored 100% Beginner, 86% Intermediate, 87% Advanced, and 60% Expert!

You have an extremely good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and advanced level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of each of these three levels' questions correct. This is an exceptional score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got an extremely respectable score.
Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!

Compared to other takers
66/100 You scored 100% on Beginner, higher than 66% of your peers. 6/100 You scored 86% on Intermediate, higher than 6% of your peers. 39/100 You scored 87% on Advanced, higher than 39% of your peers. 10/100 You scored 60% on Expert, higher than 10% of your peers.

Not a bad result. It took less than five minutes to do it.

Pte Pea said:
English Genius

You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 100% Expert!

I guess all the reading I do somewhat pays off.  :)

I guess it does!  Good for you, Pea!!
5.gif

You scored 93% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 93% Expert!

All righty then ...

Back to JK for me ...  :-\

Compared to other takers
35/100 You scored 93% on Beginner, higher than 35% of your peers. 52/100 You scored 100% on Intermediate, higher than 52% of your peers. 74/100 You scored 100% on Advanced, higher than 74% of your peers. 92/100 You scored 100% on Expert, higher than 92% of your peers.

English Genius
You scored 93% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 100% Expert!

I see only the hight scores are posted.  Glad others are like me and not show how bad the are.  Mine were all below 70%.

Harley Sailor said:
I see only the hight scores are posted.  Glad others are like me and not show how bad the are.  Mine were all below 70%.

I'm a little torqued it doesn't tell you what your mistakes were.  :mad:

You scored 71% on Beginner, higher than 2% of your peers. 52/100 You scored 100% on Intermediate, higher than 52% of your peers. 11/100 You scored 80% on Advanced, higher than 11% of your peers. 28/100 You scored 73% on Expert, higher than 28% of your peers.

as one who did moderately well on the test, I would just add that English is full of words that sound the same and have different meanings. We all see it on here. The test might catch a lot of us, except for Super Pea (You go , Gal), but it can also help us communicate.

English 101:

Its and It's: Like a lot of things in English, it is bassakwards. Its is possive (its mine) while It's is a contraction of it is.

Your and You're: Your means it belongd to you while You're is a contraction of you are.

These were two of the examples that we all had trouble with in school.

Rather than, or is it then, being a nagging old grouch, do some digging and find out for yourselves.

Old Sweat said:
as one who did moderately well on the test, I would just add that English is full of words that sound the same and have different meanings. We all see it on here. The test might catch a lot of us, except for Super Pea (You go , Gal), but it can also help us communicate.

It's very easy to get caught by many of these "commonly confused" words. I was very lucky to have amazing English teachers in both High School & University, who took time to help us learn the proper uses of many of these words. I try to read often, in order to keep my reading comprehension levels as high as I can. This has many benefits for me, including better communication both personally & through work/school.

Back