• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Commissionaires, CF Announce "Return To Work Program For Wounded CF Personnel"

You are right, the universality of the contract was one point I omitted in my recollection of the conversation however it was also noted to me that the contract could go to two or more firms, by region, given the scope and breadth of this land.  Regardless, security clearances, training requirements and other factors come to play but as you said Cmres could just jump ship and move to the new contract holders(s).  Ultimately though any deals, in reality or historically implied, to hire ex service personnel and to give preferential hiring to ill and injured would vanish and those hoping for a post CF career in relative safety would find their situations changed.

Commissionaires hold no more special privileges than any other contractor when it comes to getting Security Clearances.  Yes, they have many Ex-military who held Clearances previously, but quite a few more Ex-military who held Clearances do not work for the Commissionaires.  All contractors would go through the same procedures to get Clearances. 

Schindler's Lift said:
You are right, the universality of the contract was one point I omitted in my recollection of the conversation however it was also noted to me that the contract could go to two or more firms, by region, given the scope and breadth of this land.  Regardless, security clearances, training requirements and other factors come to play but as you said Cmres could just jump ship and move to the new contract holders(s).  Ultimately though any deals, in reality or historically implied, to hire ex service personnel and to give preferential hiring to ill and injured would vanish and those hoping for a post CF career in relative safety would find their situations changed.

Yea but just think of the plethera of senior officer spots that would open when so many retire quickly to start 'security' companies that "somehow" will have the exact requirements, darn near word for word, that the RFP's going out would be looking for. :-X

I tried to get a job with them 15 years ago and was told 2 things 1. I was to young. and 2. I was still serving and would require to much time off for unit training.

Back