• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

COMMANDO SPEED MARCH - Team needed!!

JP

Inactive
Reaction score
Looking to send a CDN team to Scotland for this annual event.
7 miles, 36lbs, 1hr. Best time was 47minutes (i think) and best CDN time last year was 1hr 20 mins...
Damn good event. :warstory:
Website will have details, and should be up in some manner by the end of the week.
www.abmp.ca
In the meantime, contact me for details. No punters.

Hum....7 miles too short, I run 10k many times a week with 40 and even 45 lbs. IRONMAN is a much bigger challenge.

11.2 kms with 36lbs in less than an hr, in the highlands of Scotland, should be a piece of cake for you then! But can you survive the afterparty?

:warstory: www.abmp.ca website finally up! :warstory:
Check it out for more details for the Commando Speed March and other upcoming events!
www.abmp.ca

Charity Event open to serving members.
Teams of 5 or more, or individuals, can enter.
Teams / individuals are responsible for their own travel / accomodations and for getting unit / CF authorization to attend in an 'official' capacity, otherwise you're going on a holiday and taking part without military backing.
Basically run with 36lb pack for 7 miles in under 1 hr. Course follows the initial selection route used for Commando Trg in WWII, see history in the website below for details.
Any Camerons out there? This event is held at the Clan Cameron estate in Scotland.
Great event for unit adventure training!
Check out CDO March at www.abmp.ca for details.

"Send" as in sponsor, fund and coordinate a team of interested military personnel?

Or "send" as in coordinate for payment the entry of a self-funded team of individuals selected only based on the depth of their wallets?

Is this in any way related to official Canadian military activities? Or is the only military connection the use of the word "Commando"?

And finally, if this is a commercial venture on your part, do you have the site owner's (Mike Bobbitt) permission to post?

Back