• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Commander of 8 Wing Trenton arrested, charged in hunting incident

brihard

Army.ca Legend
Mentor
Reaction score

QuinteNews said:
leif-dahl.jpg

Quinte West OPP says they have arrested 8 Wing Trenton commander Colonel Leif Dahl after an incident involving the use of a firearm at Murray Canal.

Police say they responded to the canal on Friday around 2:30 p.m on a complaint of a firearm being discharged from a boat.

It was reported to police that wildlife was being targeted.

The boat left the area before police arrived but was located a short time later.

Police say allege the firearm was thrown into the canal.

Col. Dahl is charged with the following:

• Obstruct peace officer
  • Careless use of firearm
  • Use firearm carelessly to hunt
  • Hunt bird without a licence
  • Unlawfully have a loaded firearm in conveyance
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Belleville on September 28.

The investigation is ongoing.

/facepalm

checks watch It took 11 minutes.

I was gonna say didn't anyone tell him you're only supposed to do this from a helicopter?
Ahhhh, the 2 CMBG Deer Hunter… 😂

The same story from a different perspective (or written by someone who didn't do their research).

Firearm discharged from boat, recovered from Murray Canal: Quinte West OPP​

Posted August 28, 2023 1:44 pm

A Belleville, Ont., resident faces multiple firearm changes following an incident on the Murray Canal late last week.

Around 2:30 p.m. on Aug. 25, Quinte West OPP responded to a report of a firearm being discharged from a boat in the canal which is part of the Trent-Severn Waterway. Police were informed that protected wildlife was being targeted.

Before officers arrived on scene, the suspect vessel had left but was located a short time later.

Police determined a firearm had been thrown into the canal. The OPP’s Underwater Search and Recovery Unit was dispatched and a firearm was recovered.

Leif Dahl, 45, of Belleville, was arrested and charged with obstructing a peace officer and careless use of a firearm, along with three charges under Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act: using a firearm carelessly to hunt, hunting a bird without a licence and unlawfully having a loaded firearm in conveyance.

The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear in Belleville court on Sept. 28.

OPP say their investigation is still ongoing.

https://globalnews.ca/video/7979015/turtles-nests-poached-along-the-kp-trail/

This was posted on CAF reddit about this very topic and I found it very funny:

I love the saltiness towards the hockey players (Base team player myself) when getting on the mess committee is typically a much quicker path towards promotion. Don't hate the player hate the game.

Back