• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

COMISAF Commendation, Device?

AmphibousAssult

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone knew whether or not there was a device to go with a COMISAF commendation or whether or not there was just the paper commendation that went on the pers file? Any help would be awesome, Thanks guys!

Its just paper on your file, AFAIK. The only devices we have for commendations are CDS, CinC, VCDS.

If it's a Command Commendation, it should be the Silver bar with 3 maple leafs on it.  (Similar to the CDS Commendation, but silver vice gold.)

NS

PuckChaser said:
Its just paper on your file, AFAIK. The only devices we have for commendations are CDS, CinC, VCDS.

Actually....
The Command Commendations with devices may only be awarded by the following authorities:

Vice Chief of the Defence Staff;
Chief of the Maritime Staff;
Chief of the Land Staff;
Chief of the Air Staff;
Chief Military Personnel Command;
Commander of Canada Command;
Commander of the Canadian Expeditionary Force Command;
Commander of the Canadian Operational Support Command;
Commander of the Canadian Special Operations Forces Command;
Deputy Commander NORAD;
Nominations shall be submitted in accordance with instructions issued by the commander or NDHQ group principal concerned.

Link to Comd Commendation is here:  http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhr-ddhr/chc-tdh/chart-tableau-eng.asp?ref=CommandCommendation

Awesome Guys, thanks for the clarification, I was debating as to whether it was a silverbar or nothing, I think I'm going to put Army.ca as a quick reference in my links file...

Related question: Citations for CDS Commendations are available on the DH&R website. Are the citations for LFC Commendations available somewhere?

Rheostatic said:
Related question: Citations for CDS Commendations are available on the DH&R website. Are the citations for LFC Commendations available somewhere?

Not that I have seen.  It would be nice if the Army HQ G1 side did promulgate them.

There is a book that DHR releases annually that states the number of Command Commendations issued each year, but it doesn't give the citations.

One thing with your COMISAF Commendation; ensure your Coy Clerk (or whatever you have in your organization) forwards the award to your career manager for input into PERMIS; this ensures it is part of your package during meriting.  As well, ensure your clerk updates your conduct sheet on your Persfile - not just bad things go in there.

Aerobicrunner said:
Actually....
The Command Commendations with devices may only be awarded by the following authorities:

Vice Chief of the Defence Staff;
Chief of the Maritime Staff;
Chief of the Land Staff;
Chief of the Air Staff;
Chief Military Personnel Command;
Commander of Canada Command;
Commander of the Canadian Expeditionary Force Command;
Commander of the Canadian Operational Support Command;
Commander of the Canadian Special Operations Forces Command;
Deputy Commander NORAD;
Nominations shall be submitted in accordance with instructions issued by the commander or NDHQ group principal concerned.
Are members of the other Level 1 organizations eligible for Command Commendations?

Rheostatic said:
Are members of the other Level 1 organizations eligible for Command Commendations?
What other L1's are you thinking of?  This list is now outdated with the consolidation of the dot coms, so I suspect that one CJOC Commendation will replace the three CanadaCom/CEFCOM/CANOSCOM Commendations.

They are eligible for awards from the L1s authorized to award them.

I think some members of the team in ADM(Mat) that worked on the Leo II acquisition were awarded commendations by the Commander, Land Force Command.

Back