• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Coming soon to a SOF unit near you...

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
polaris_defense_dagor_0124-jpeg.jpg

American company Polaris Industries has been awarded the $20 million contract to deliver 78 of what Canadian special forces are calling the Ultra Light Combat Vehicle, or ULCV.  The vehicles, designed with the help of NASCAR engineers, will each be able to carry up to nine commandos.  The first 52 vehicles will be purchased immediately and delivered in 2017; with another 24 delivered by early 2018.

That won't satisfy the risk-averse crowd until it's had at least ten tons of armour added.

The outcry will be huge as soon as the first one hits an IED.

Ahh the dagr......the DART has wanted these for a while....wonder if they can get their hands on one

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

sidemount said:
Ahh the dagr......the DART has wanted these for a while....wonder if they can get their hands on one

:rofl:

Oh.... you were serious....

DART might be able to get some slightly used MRZR's from the LIB, out of the 36 or so purchased I'm sure we can paste together a half dozen, after the try and buy trials are over :-/

http://www.polaris.com/en-ca/company/article/canadian-military-contracts-polaris-defense-for-light-infantry-battalions

http://military.polaris.com/en-us/combat/mrzr-d4/

Loachman said:
That won't satisfy the risk-averse crowd until it's had at least ten tons of armour added.

The outcry will be huge as soon as the first one hits an IED.

You forgot to add "with modifications to the power train so the vehicle can actually move, sorta".

Id be amazed if the dart can get anything. I know its always a fight to get stuff for them as they are force generated. Im surprised they have as much as they do at their hanger in trenton.

But anyways at least the sof guys got some new toys to play with.

Carry nine commandos? That would be anorexic commandos I assume.

Reminds me of the stripped down land rovers the recce and anti-tank boys were very proud of in the Abn Bde in the UK. They were awesome.... until it rained, or got very sunny.

There's a reason the LRDG drove 2 wheel drive 3 CWT trucks. And it's not because they needed to be 'Mad Max' capable.

daftandbarmy said:
There's a reason the LRDG drove 2 wheel drive 3 CWT trucks. And it's not because they needed to be 'Mad Max' capable.

They had lewis guns, winches and 3 on the floor? (Advance, Back Up and "Blimey!Back Up! Back Up!")

sidemount said:
Id be amazed if the dart can get anything. I know its always a fight to get stuff for them as they are force generated.

We didn't have any issues getting stuff for them when I was there - granted that was years ago.

ArmyVern said:
We didn't have any issues getting stuff for them when I was there - granted that was years ago.
I think the big proble is the dart is force generated so mostly restricted to things we already have in the military. I know the dart CO was working on getting some new things like a case/cat backhoe to replace the mpev and a vehicle like the polaris dagr to go over terrain in a disastar area. This was a few months ago.

daftandbarmy said:
Carry nine commandos? That would be anorexic commandos I assume.

I'd buy nine commandos on it...

overloaded_truck.jpg

Hamish Seggie said:
You forgot to add "with modifications to the power train so the vehicle can actually move, sorta".

It seems that I've uspset a few people, therefore I shall not offer an opinion on this other than to say I was referring to the recreational marijuana not the medicinal type. Sorry about that but I've been told that I'm not a good person and I don't care for suffering veterans.

Good bye.

Good2Golf said:
I'd buy nine commandos on it...

overloaded_truck.jpg

Now that's what I call add on armour.  Nice and safe inside from oncoming fire. ;D

jollyjacktar said:
Now that's what I call add on armour.  Nice and safe inside from oncoming fire. ;D

Definitely 'spaced'.......in more ways than one.  [:D

Hamish Seggie said:
It seems that I've uspset a few people, therefore I shall not offer an opinion on this other than to say I was referring to the recreational marijuana not the medicinal type. Sorry about that but I've been told that I'm not a good person and I don't care for suffering veterans.

Good bye.

????

Kat Stevens said:

I'm going to assume that he got a not-so-nice PM from an someone(s) about a post/comment he had made somewhere?? 

Back