• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Coming soon: (More?) Salmon in a pouch

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
From today's MERX - wonder how good pre-cooked salmon in a pouch'll be?  Something like canned salmon with some sauce, maybe?

- edited to change thread title given existence of salmon in IMPs -

The IMPs already had salmon in a pouch.  Did they get rid of it already?  Not bad but tasted more like tuna.
rolleyes.gif

If that's the case, they may need more - hope it really wasn't that bad, then.

Better than the lasagna that you were supposed to eat with a spoon.  Just like one big, giant ravioli.

Maybe time for a spork (albeit a longer handled one than the one shown) in ration packs then?
te_spork_detail.jpg

milnews.ca said:
Maybe time for a spork (albeit a longer handled one than the one shown) in ration packs then?

Or maybe a normal sized one... revise the pouch design so that it can be torn lengthwise instead of width wise ;). easier than fiddle farting around with a long spoon :)

I personally liked the salmon, unless it was my third or forth meal in a row.  I used my gerber to zip the pouch open lengthwise too.  The only problem I had withthe salmon meal was that almost everything else in the pack required some kind of cooking so I begged for filling supliments from friends when there was no time.

rmc_wannabe said:
Or maybe a normal sized one... revise the pouch design so that it can be torn lengthwise instead of width wise ;). easier than fiddle farting around with a long spoon :)

nick the bag so that it has a 1/4 cut in the top or bottom in such a way that it mimics the tear cuts on the sides

grasp and tear lengthwise

eat with issued KFS

it makes a nice bowl that will mould around your knee when opened like this too

I've always had issues with bulk served fish...I just don't do it! I've also never been ok with the idea that fish in a bag in some sort of mystery sauce is right....Now, I know it makes no sense, but its my thing! Now, bulk served fish isn't sushi or sashimi...I am in full support of all things sushi. Except maybe fugu. Creepy looking little fish....

I can safely say that the idea of salmon imp's makes me squeamish and I'd rather go without thank you very much!

Actually, the salmon I had  wasn't that bad.  It's just a chunk of cooked salmon in a clear sauce with lemon flavor.

I thought it was very fresh tasting, and the label was BC so at least its Canadian.  Mind you I eat the salsa omlet too.

I miss Salmon. I miss meat. urgh staying in India for 3 months is too long. I miss  :cdn:  :mad:

Back