• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combats(CADPAT)

boxerboy50

Inactive
Reaction score
I‘ve looked at some pictures of memebers of the Amry, more specifically the Infantry on Op. overseas dressed in combats. Recently the new CADPAT. I was wondering whether or not they still use the old rucksac instead of that new backpac looking CADPAT thing? Even the flack jackets(ballastic vest) are the old OD green. This has left me confused as to whether or not the CF has completely switched to CADPAT or are using a mixture of both? Why are there so many different combinations of combat dress. Practically every solider wears a different load carrying vest and they all have different rig setups and buttpacs??? When would one wear the yoke instead of the rucksac? And what are those small semi-rucksac things??? And last question do Reservist get CADPAT as well? I know its been a lot of questions but the whole uniformity and new equipment thing has got me confused.

Boxerboy50, it seems you have visited the combat camera and the tease soldier part of the Forces site.

Yes, there is a combination of things: this is because CADPAT (TW) is difficult to get manufactored and there is a limited amount of it floating around.

The PPCLI that was in Afghanistan was authorized by their CO to use non-issue equipment which I believe may have been the first time to have ever happened in the service. Because of the authorization to use unauthorized kit, troops went around and found some of the better makers of gear and had things made.

Webbing (or as you called the yoke) is pretty much worn whenever the rucksack is not carried. The rucksack is normally carried in patrols, or moves to new locations for whatever reason, depending on trade, tactical considerations or whatever.

Reservists in Canada have been issued CADPAT (TW) in some but limited quantities. The intent is, I believe, every soldier to eventually have the CADPAT uniform.

Cheers, bud.

Originally posted by Brian:
[qb]

Webbing (or as you called the yoke) is pretty much worn whenever the rucksack is not carried.

[/qb]
When you say webbing does this include the load carrying vest. Because some of the troops just have the load carrying vest whereas some have yokes and all. Are they alternatives to one another. Do the same job, different thing.

Webbing, load baring vests, chest rigs and whatever name they call the place where second line gear holders are all designed for the same role.

Unfortunately, some are much cheaper than others and others are way more expensive and much more comfortabble.

In other words, do the same thing job different thing.

Back