• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

combat service support getting wings?

Jammer said:
In this case and for the foreseeable future....and to address this young lads question. Basic Para crses will be restricted to filling hard jump positions.

You might want to tell that to the armour reservist from my old unit that just got a spot.

Lanes. Try staying in them.

As long as you can make fun of anyone not having a jump course you should be good to go.

MilEME09 said:
From what i've heard with the budget cuts came new rules that unless your in a jump company, a SAR tech, or with CANSOFCOM your chances of getting on Para are next to nil
Also not true, CFLAWC just ran another PRes Basic Para of which at least one soldier from the G&SF was on it.

As was already stated it is more difficult to get things like a Basic Para, but it happens.  I asked for 7 years to get a jump course and was finally in the right place at the right time to get the opportunity to do it.  Next to nil is not always the case.

ObedientiaZelum said:
As long as you can make fun of anyone not having a jump course you should be good to go.
Spoken like a true leg.  I KID I KID!!!  :p

Canadian.Trucker said:
Also not true, CFLAWC just ran another PRes Basic Para of which at least one soldier from the G&SF was on it.

It's called CAAWC now.. btw.. yes, feel free to use the phonetic pronounciation of that but don't let the commandant hear you...

As for "non hard" trades getting the jump course I see an RMS CLK, two MED A, three INT OP, a couple of ARTYMN and a CRMN on the scourse that finished last week.. along with a whole wack or reserve INFMN.

There is no way of being able to say yes or no to any course that you may or may not get.  That being said, don't plan your career around potential courses.

Hatchet Man said:
And as an aside, for anyone who knows there history, the jump school used to be located in Edmonton.
Yes but the base it was at no longer exists.

I thought Griesbach was now home to LFWA HQ?  Lancaster Park was where Nosedock was when I did BP in '92 but is now CFB Edmonton isn't it?  Is DZ Buxton still operational or used?

Where is the new mocktower, racks, etc at these days?

All at Lancaster Park/Namao (CFB Edmonton).  Buxton is still frequently used.

Back