• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Engineer Reserves

R

RJG

I just applied for Combat Engineer in the reserves, i know they have alot mroe equiptment than infanteers, does it get bulky and hard to run with?

Also, how long will they teach safety techniques before you actually get to do "stuff?"

Its a Given that you will be trained In all Aspects Of Theory Before You Do Practical Training
As For the Amounts On Each

In Demolitions Youll learn one Type Then practice It Completely Including Live Demolitions Then Move On Then Continue to the Next

Usually Its also a Steping Stone

All of the Lessons Will Eventually Intertwine
Basics Lessons Tie Into Advanced

Aka Basic Charge Into a More Advanced Scenerio Such As Craters

Don‘t worry your instructors will teach you how to do it all properly.

Wow I applied Friday they called me Monday to have my medicals in one week!!

Originally posted by RJG:
[qb] Wow I applied Friday they called me Monday to have my medicals in one week!! [/qb]
Right on! :salute:
Now just a few tip‘s!!
Keep your eye‘s,ear‘s open and learn!!
Don‘t be afraid to ask any question‘s if you don‘t understand,especialy with demolition‘s and mine war fare!!!

Work with everyone else and help other‘s who are not so swift.In other word‘s learn how to work in a team and you will do O.K.

Good Luck.

Spr. Earl, as of last year mine warfare is no longer taught on Res. QL3. It is now moved to
DP 2 Combat Engineer Section 2 IC (formally QL5)

Originally posted by RJG:
[qb] Wow I applied Friday they called me Monday to have my medicals in one week!! [/qb]
That‘s cool.

I applied Friday, then got an e-mail on Monday saying the form I used was 3 months outdated and I had to fill in a new pplication. :(

Originally posted by Nfld_Sapper:
[qb] Spr. Earl, as of last year mine warfare is no longer taught on Res. QL3. It is now moved to
DP 2 Combat Engineer Section 2 IC (formally QL5) [/qb]
Thank‘s Nfld,they keep changing F‘n thing‘s all the time that you can‘t keep up! :mad:

Well that‘s pretty messed! Sappers who don‘t know anything about mines till their corporal course?

I know and on the 5‘S we only spend 2 weeks at it.
But on the flip side, they brought back booby traps to the 5‘s.

Back