• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Christmas Presents

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
To heck with non-threatening, politically correct, touchy feely Christmas presents, buy your kid (big or small) one of these:

HERE is the ultimate boys' toy for Christmas – a giant radio-controlled tank so powerful it can pull a car.

The 6ft long monster is a quarter scale model of a King Tiger, the German weapon which wreaked havoc on Allied tanks in World War Two.
Weighing in at a whopping 250kg, the camouflaged beast of battle has a fully working turret and a 2ft long gun with a realistic recoil action.
And in case you're not getting the full wartime experience, speakers are fitted inside to simulate the tank's distinctive rumbling noise.
The tank is powered by two, 500watt 24volt motors which are so powerful that it can pull a car on a level surface.
It costs £6,600 and is the biggest and baddest of the machines available at Mark 1 Tanks, based in Easton, near Winchester, Hants.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2047037.ece

My grandkids would just drool over that (while I'm playing with it)....

daftandbarmy said:
To heck with non-threatening, politically correct, touchy feely Christmas presents, buy your kid (big or small) one of these:

HERE is the ultimate boys' toy for Christmas – a giant radio-controlled tank so powerful it can pull a car.

The 6ft long monster is a quarter scale model of a King Tiger, the German weapon which wreaked havoc on Allied tanks in World War Two.
Weighing in at a whopping 250kg, the camouflaged beast of battle has a fully working turret and a 2ft long gun with a realistic recoil action.
And in case you're not getting the full wartime experience, speakers are fitted inside to simulate the tank's distinctive rumbling noise.
The tank is powered by two, 500watt 24volt motors which are so powerful that it can pull a car on a level surface.
It costs £6,600 and is the biggest and baddest of the machines available at Mark 1 Tanks, based in Easton, near Winchester, Hants.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2047037.ece

:threat: Keep this quiet! Or else the bean counters will decide they're more cost-effective than the Leopards and then we'll be stuck with them.

benny88 said:
Keep this quiet! Or else the bean counters will decide they're more cost-effective than the Leopards and then we'll be stuck with them.

They'll have to lower the height requirement.  It'll be like those signs at amusement parks "You must be shorter than this to ride."

;D

"The tank is powered by two, 500watt 24volt motors which are so powerful that it can pull a car on a level surface. "

If it's strong enough to pull a car, it must be strong enough to carry a 200 lb adult - woohoo!

Too bad I cant afford it...

I would love to chase the cats with it!!! Hahahaha!

tech2002 said:
should fit under the tree...  ;D

To heck with the tree, just put  it in my driveway!! I'll move the wife's van to get it in!!

Back