• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Col Geoff Parker - Killed in VBIED 18 May 2010 Kabul - Former Army Cadet

cdn031

Inactive
Reaction score
Col Geoff Parker

Loving Father, Fine Officer, Leader and My Friend.
Geoff was a man of quick humour, humility and deep sincerity, we will all miss him greatly.

Col Parker gained an interest in the military as an Army Cadet at 1188 RC(Army)CC (The Lorne Scots) in Oakville in the early 80s where I was a Junior CIC Officer at the time.  Geoff  always seemed to be smiling, particularly in the rain or if things got tough. Always the first to see what needed done next and always the first to organize to get it done - no follow up required.

He came back to 1188 in May of 2007 to be the annual's Reviewing Officer. The Cadets got a big kick out of having "one of their own" on the podium. He gave a heartfelt speech about the Cadet program and  how it helped him - I think he enjoyed that moment as much as the Cadets did - maybe more - a chance to bring a little inspiration back.

Geoff attended all the major Summer Camps: Arctic Indoc, Banff NACC, Basic Parachutist and finally the CFE Flyover. He managed to balance talent with humility. He's a great example of the type of leader the Army Cadet Program can produce. Not just a fine Soldier but a great human being.

Go tell my friend's story...

Back