• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

Their aircraft doesn’t even exist in the real world, so yeah, I guess it is ”fuel efficient”.
Doesn't use any fuel at all! Green MPA for the win!

take off goodbye GIF by Matthew Butler

Their aircraft doesn’t even exist in the real world, so yeah, I guess it is ”fuel efficient”.

How about we turn this around:

”Hey, Bombardier, why don’t you deliver your prototype aircraft to Greenwood, next week, and prove how much better it is?”

Oh that’s right- BECAUSE IT IS VAPOURWARE!
Yeah, exactly, put your money where your mouth is, why should tax payers pay for your R&D, which will deliver an aircraft we need now, in 15-20 years

Correct. DSCA advises that Congress has approved the purchase of all the controlled goods listed in the Notification…it indicates an impending activity. DSCA also provided such notification just prior to the CF-35 announcement…and the C-17…and the CH-147F…and…

If you check other announcements of FMS sales they all start out with " The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to xxx"

If you check other announcements of FMS sales they all start out with " The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to xxx"
I’m pretty sure one can put paid the P-8A acquisition for Canada.
Bombardier can scream to the heavens, but vaporware doesn’t keep you even at the kids table.

Sure.

Do you have an example of such a DSCA notification that Canada did not implement?

Needs a white band wrapped around the fuselage to truly represent the traditional Forlorn Hope.

Back to the P-8 for a minute. The P-8I has a MAD boom. Is that something the RCAF needs? Are we just looking at the standard P-8 for five eyes? Or is there any more Canadianized content?

Oh does the modern Anti Submarine hunter need MAD?

Quantum Magnetometers may make MAD more relevant than it has been of late. That may be something for all P-8A operators to consider in the future.

Back to the P-8 for a minute. The P-8I has a MAD boom. Is that something the RCAF needs? Are we just looking at the standard P-8 for five eyes? Or is there any more Canadianized content?

Oh does the modern Anti Submarine hunter need MAD?

The better question is “will RCAF P-8s use HAAWC if we purchase P-8?

My personal opinion; if you can get MAD, get it.

Back