• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Class B outside of your Command

MED_BCMC

Inactive
Reaction score
Afternoon:

Quick question for the SMEs... I'm a reservist with the HS Res. I expressed interest in filling an Class B at the Local Wing, and was told that I would to be attach posted to the local Air Reserve Flight for this to happen. After it's all said and done, it's still my Home unit (The HS Res) who is doing all the HRMS, RPSR and drawing up the route letter. Why did I need to be attach posted?

When I ask the question around here, I get blank stares and "that's the way it's done". Any ideas?

Hey Med_BLOC; I'm in basically the same situation. Released after 24 years to follow my wife on her last posting as chief clerk before her 20 is done, at a remote naval reserve unit. I'm employed with them as class 'A' doing med adm & physical examinations. Technically I do not belong to them as I too have been told I'm attached posted. Good folks here at the unit and the 'check' ends up in my bank account. Meh...Can't complain - there's only 3 of us here in cadpat - me, the wife & the recruiter at the recruiting det    :warstory: GO Army!!  ;)

Nevermind... I answered my own question ::)

From CMP Instr 20/04:
"2.8  Res F Status During Cl “A”, Cl “B” and Cl “C” Res Svc
      a.  P Res. A P Res mbr employed outside their home unit shall, with the approval of their chain of command:
            (1)    remain on the strength of their home unit and be att post to the host unit

MED_BCMC said:
Nevermind... I answered my own question ::)

No worries; I answer my own questions at least once a day after asking someone else!! ;D

Normal ... (not that I'm normal -- just that it's normal for me  :-[ )

For HS Res personnel, it won't be that simple for much longer. As long as you make arrangements with a local Res Fd Amb to keep up your MCSP program you're probably going to be fine (or if you keep up your skills through civilian clinical employment). However, there have been proposals to bring into force a policy to essentially take those Med Techs who don't keep up their clinical skills, and offer them remuster or release.

MED_BCMC said:
Why did I need to be attach posted?

When I ask the question around here, I get blank stares and "that's the way it's done". Any ideas?

When you are attach posted, HRMS captures the UIC of the unit in which you are employed (and the position description, if you are occupying a numbered HRMS position and not MMO).  This allows your employment history to be accurately reflected on your MPRR.

Staff Weenie said:
For HS Res personnel, it won't be that simple for much longer. As long as you make arrangements with a local Res Fd Amb to keep up your MCSP program you're probably going to be fine (or if you keep up your skills through civilian clinical employment). However, there have been proposals to bring into force a policy to essentially take those Med Techs who don't keep up their clinical skills, and offer them remuster or release.

Off topic, but that's probably related to http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/domino/reports.nsf/html/20071004c_e.html
and perhaps more specifically

4.57 Less than 1 percent of the medical technicians and physician assistants who responded to our survey fully met their maintenance of clinical skills requirements.

Back