• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Class A V Class B (Reserves)

MarwanKhan118

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question regarding class B contracts in the Reserve. On this other thread, I read that class B contracts can be a huge trap career wise, and that the only advantage out of them, is the paycheck. Just wondering if that's true or not.

Thanks!

Class B contracts put no consideration in mind for your career. Most will require you to remain at whatever rank you are at, and I don't believe you are able to do any of them during the twenty vacation days you can accrue over a year. So if you sign up for a 3 year class B as a PteB/OS (they exist) you will not get any of your trade courses and thus be unable to move up to Cpl/LS.

If you mean Class B temporary (as in only a few months long) they are awesome ways to experience working full time and you get plenty of money, as most units will accommodate you during the contract.

For me I did 5 years on Class B (Albeit a fair time ago) during my Class B time, I was able to: complete my OJT 4, I was course loaded on my 5's and I was promoted. It boiled down to my performance, the specific responsibilities laid out in my job description, the support of my direct supervisors and unit funding. I'm also aware of several other Class Bs who were also allowed the same opportunity's I was given. It really doesn't have to be a career limiter or killer. Having said that, if you are on a contract for 5 months I would suspect that you just need to accept the paycheck as the prime benefit..

Back