• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Claim for Parkinson's Disease

Today I received notice that VRAB has granted me 4/5ths entitlement for Parkinson's consequential to other pensioned disability!!!!!:salute:

It has been a long road to get here. Yet the VRAB hearing was July 21st 2021. 3 weeks ago.

I am grateful for the decision and the speed with which it was delivered.

I f any of you are aware of another veteran with Parkinson's who wishes to pursue a claim I would be happy to share what research and resources that I have. Knowing that everyone's experiences are not the same my research may not apply to their case but it might help guide you in the right direction and shorten the journey

Today I received notice that VRAB has granted me 4/5ths entitlement for Parkinson's consequential to other pensioned disability!!!!!:salute:

It has been a long road to get here. Yet the VRAB hearing was July 21st 2021. 3 weeks ago.

I am grateful for the decision and the speed with which it was delivered.

I f any of you are aware of another veteran with Parkinson's who wishes to pursue a claim I would be happy to share what research and resources that I have. Knowing that everyone's experiences are not the same my research may not apply to their case but it might help guide you in the right direction and shorten the journey
Saying “congratulations” wouldn’t feel quite right, but it’s gratifying to hear that VRAB supported your claim. BZ for sticking to your guns and fighting the fight.

If I may ask, what prior pensioned condition was it deemed consequential to? That knowledge would help in disseminating knowledge that a PD claim can succeed.

Saying “congratulations” wouldn’t feel quite right, but it’s gratifying to hear that VRAB supported your claim. BZ for sticking to your guns and fighting the fight.

If I may ask, what prior pensioned condition was it deemed consequential to? That knowledge would help in disseminating knowledge that a PD claim can succeed.
I have PTSD at 45%. While there are other contributing environmental factors VRAB decision is linked to my PTSD. There are several recent studies that show that prolonged Stress(PTSD) is a significant contributing factor to Parkinson's.

In fact it was the psychiatrist at the OSI clinic that I go to that wrote a comprehensive medical opinion and then provided peer reviewed research papers on the relationship of PD and Parkinson's. The US Military has been funding research into this area.

Congratulations feels just fine to me as it has been a long journey from start to now

If anyone needs some support or my research just PM me and I will see how I can assist

Back