• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Civilian Inquiry Regarding "Support the Troops" Projects

johnwade

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm a member of a Rotary Club in Canada and we have been approached requesting participation in a project that seeks to enhance a stretch of highway inside our city limits as a Veteran's memorial. All in all it looks like a fair amount of money and time will be invested with an end result that I think will be a pretty decent and lasting memorial as memorials go. We learned that there was considerable enthusiastic support from various community groups, corporations and the municipality etc. but I would like to hear from those wearing the rank and file "been there/done that/are there/doing that" T-Shirts as to your perspective as to whether this is the best way for a community to "support the troops" at this time? One of the reasons I ask is because I don't know whether those serving with the Canadian Forces share some of the same difficulties that I'm told their American counterparts, upon returning or for that matter their families while they are serving overseas and maybe there is a greater need that would resonate more meaningfully? If this sort of project is the way to go, don't be shy, let me know. If you think there is a better way, don't be shy, let me know. Either way, I'll pass your input on to my Rotary Club.

- John

I should add that you can email me privately with your input if that is your preference. john "at" askthedogguy "dot" com

johnwade: great you are asking the question.
Have a look at some of the posts dealing with VAC, : class action law suit against NVC; SISIP LTD; JPSU issues; Sunnybrook Vet Facility,  VREB, etc., etc.
See also veteranvoice.info

all the best

in addition to the above, I would check out the CF ombudsman's reports. There are a lot of good, detailed info there.

http://www.ombudsman.forces.gc.ca/index-eng.asp

Back