• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Civil Weapons Safety Training Course

54/102 CEF

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi

I'm slated to take the govt standard safety course (27 Apr) for hand guns (and I presume any weapon) with the Eastern Ontario Handgun Club.

Is there any open source reading material on the course content?? Just want to preview etc.

Thanks in advance

For the Firearms Safety courses - there are two courses that have alot of overlap between them (if you take the restricted then you can cover off both courses at the same time). The only things that are really available that I found are the PROVE and ACTS on the Canadian Firearms Centre website. http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/safety-surete/vital_e.asp
Those will be large concepts that are emphasized in the course.

54/102 CEF said:
Spartan

Many thanks!

I'm getting my restricted PAL license done soon as well. I would reccomend taking a look at the Restricted Firearms Safety course manual. i believe most gun stores carry them.

I found this last night while looking about randomly on the web.
http://www.firearmsource.ca/firearm-safety/cfsc-crfsc-manuals.php

It's not a tough course. Anyone with sufficient weapons handling knowledge would be able to pass the test with flying colours. Another buddy and I both .mil were the only two 100% in our course.

Listen to you instructors, and do what you've been taught in the course. Coupled with the safety conscious drills that we've been taught in the CF you'll be just fine.

Thanks again

Scheduled for 27 April now -

I took it last in 1998 - aced it just going for the test - mind you the examiner was the wpn tech fm our unit

Then to try out my never fired Ruger P85  :)

I did both my PAL and my RPAL tests last year.  Scored 100% on the PAL and 94% on the RPAL - the one question I got "wrong" was regarding storage and it was not really wrong, it just wasn't the answer they wanted. 

Back