• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Circular Saw

SupersonicMax

Army.ca Veteran
Mentor
Reaction score
Good Day all.  I'm looking into buying a good Circular Saw.  I'll need it mostly for cutting wood but it may, in the future, be used for other purposes (ie:  cut through concrete) I think I narrowed my choice to 2 :

1- Makita 15A
2- DeWalt 15A

Both are corded (I don't want battery powered...)

If you have any other suggestions and/or a preference with the above 2, please let me know!

Thanks

Does either have an e-brake (blades stops almost instantly by reversing voltage during wind down)?  I have a Bosch that does that, much safer than my old Skilsaw...

both are good choices.  what also helps is the right blade at the right time.. in trade {HT} we commonly use a carbide tipped for cutting   up to 1/4 " alum a good blade costs more  but you get more out of it ..just depends on the deal you get when purchasing. 

Good2Golf said:
Does either have an e-brake (blades stops almost instantly by reversing voltage during wind down)?  I have a Bosch that does that, much safer than my old Skilsaw...

Both have an e-brake version and I will take it.  I like my fingers ;)

As was said, both are good saws.  I personally prefer the DeWalt, I find the Maktia heaver, and harder to line up.

When i was repairing power tools for CE in Esquimalt I saw alot less Dewalts come to the shop.
Remember Dewalt = Black and Decker with attitude

Back