• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

Well, China isn't a Western Democracy so we can be pretty sure that the 'Head Man' has actually been installed there by a committee that controls the puppet strings.

Hey, wait a minute ;)

Wait A Second Season 3 GIF by The Office

The party controls the corporations.
The corporations control the party.

It is obvious which is better.

The party controls the corporations.
The corporations control the party.

It is obvious which is better.
But Xi has built a more centralized "cult of personality" than Mao. Some are now saying he has gone farther in centralizing control in himself. Now the universities are in direct control of the party and Xi. He has eliminated elements in the other main opposing faction and also put a lid on the third. That show at the party congress a few months ago was the signal that he has full control of everything.

The problem for Xi will be the bubble he has put himself in. Who is going to bring him bad news or tell him no. You can see it with the slow reactions of Beijing to outside issues.

The problem for Xi will be the bubble he has put himself in. Who is going to bring him bad news or tell him no. You can see it with the slow reactions of Beijing to outside issues.
If only there was another world leader who has placed himself in the same position, who could offer Xi some advice…

1708574596447.gif

Well this isn’t looking good. Why did the Tories agree to let Hogue run the commission? She seems woefully out of her depth.

Well this isn’t looking good. Why did the Tories agree to let Hogue run the commission? She seems woefully out of her depth.

Maybe that's why she was chosen by PMJT. I don't think anyone outside of the PM's inner circle had any say in deciding who woulds lead the inquiry.

Regarding land value.

A friend recently sent his mother from Pearson to Zhejiang, in Mainland China, for his grand-mothers burial.

There is not enough land for burial in Hong Kong.

Apparently, in the world's most expensive property market, homes for the dead can cost more than those for the living.

Regarding land value.

A friend of mine recently sent his mother from Pearson to Zhejiang, in Mainland China, for his grand-mothers burial.

There is not enough land for burial in Hong Kong.

Apparently, in the world's most expensive property market, homes for the dead can cost more than those for the living.
Apparently it's a real problem with officials using burial permits as a cash source.

Poilievre, Trudeau trade jabs over Winnipeg lab security breach | Power & Politics

CSIS started investigating after they were removed. Who vetted them before they were hired?
Let me guess.....no one.

Or our person vetting them was complicit.

I am betting on the latter, but what do I know? We are so Pollyanna "everyone loves Canada" naive it is ridiculous.

Back