• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

Hardly a surprise but definitely a major disappointment. As I see it…another nail in the Liberal coffin. While I don’t think that Johnston is necessarily conspiring to keep his Liberal buddies in office, I do believe that his upbringing and family connections make him less than objective and unable to grasp the significance of his actions/inactions.

Hardly a surprise but definitely a major disappointment. As I see it…another nail in the Liberal coffin. While I don’t think that Johnston is necessarily conspiring to keep his Liberal buddies in office, I do believe that his upbringing and family connections make him less than objective and unable to grasp the significance of his actions/inactions.
I had a lot of respect for Mr. Johnson and still do. He pinned a gong on me.

But this is a clear conflict of interest IMO.

I don't think anyone was expecting anything else, were they ?

So he says he doesn't recommend a PI, but instead thinks we should hold a "public process":

"A further public process is required to address issues relating to foreign interference, but there should not and need not be a separate public inquiry"

"The public process should focus on strengthening Canada's capacity to detect, deter and counter foreign interference in our elections and the threat such interference represents to our democracy,"

So don't look behind the curtain, lets just try to move forward and let bygones be bygones.
Notice the 1 word 'D' word missing from his sentence - 'defend.' By leaving out the word 'defend', or not using it at all, it leaves open the possibility, the spin, that China is not our adversary at all, that we've got nothing at all to fear from them. Unreal.

Trudeau's supporters needed this win after weeks and weeks of shithead LPC stories.
Probably high-fiving themselves and telling themselves that everything’s juuuust fine! Heck, they didn’t even have to consult with the Ethics Commissioner this time. Easy-peasy!

All the smart people said GG Johnson was going to recommend a public inquiry because…he had to in order to maintain his credibility. Now that’s shot out of the water. I for one am really sad about that because I thought he was one of our better Governors General in the last 50 years. Now I don’t hold him in such high esteem.

Kinsella is also disappointed. He thinks this will turbo charge the leaks.

Another Laurentien Elite that is enamored with Red China. I've been expecting this since he was named with that poncey title, rapporteur. He wasn't afraid of his reputation. That is something that concerns us plebes. All his real friends are applauding his actions and that's all that matters to these elites. They are all Chinese apologists. Just another hole, purposely punched, into the leaky life boat that is Canada. Water is now coming over the gunwales. I'll be surprised if we make it to the next election

Kinsella is also disappointed. He thinks this will turbo charge the leaks.

One can only hope, because trudeau is going to see this as an opportunity to put pedal to the metal. He's already wearing that egotistical smirk and considers the case closed. Johnston gave him plausible deniability.

Is it me, or did Johnson pull a Rudy Giuliani and torch his reputation on Trudeau’s bonfire?
As I said earlier. I don't think he cares what we think. His stature amongst the Laurentien Elites is cemented. Those are his people and that's the only place his reputation matters. The rest of us are dog shit to be scraped off of his shoe.

My daughter the archivist is not impressed Ottawa's (actually anyone in Canada) document handling capability. She works at Regina City Hall and states that "Nobody gives a fuck about my work until the city is getting sued. Then it's mayhem as I try to find the documents from 20 years ago that are basically stored like a crack whore's garage."

The discussion about the “machinery” in our systems isn’t super useful- without concrete examination to ensure that we don’t have rampant interference or the possibility for it- we could potentially be baking in that interference.

Last edited:
This, in The Economist, is worth your time - even if you have to go to the library to read it.

Henry Kissinger, now 100 years old. is The Economist says, still sharp as a tack ... and he's worried. He sees the situation in 2023 as being very analogous to 1913 with less than stellar leadership on either the American or Chinese sides.

He has some recommendations, they are worth considering.

War with China need not be inevitable but if we screw this up it will be massively destructive.
Interesting article. My key take away:

“I have never met a Russian leader who said anything good about China,” he [Kissinger] says. “And I’ve never met a Chinese leader who said anything good about Russia.” They are not natural allies.

Back