• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

I won’t (and don’t remember if I ever did) voted red. I will probably have to vote eyes open and pinching my nose really hard. I hate that.

I have voted LPC, NDP, Green and PC/CPC in my life; at various levels of Gov. Picking the least worst is sometimes the only option.

My riding is a Liberal strong hold, so I tend to vote for who I think has the best chance of beating them. We have had a Liberal since 1993, with a small gap for the NDP.

Halifax loves the NDP.

This can’t be overstate.
And just to be clear QV, I edited my post to make my double negative (ie. Gentle Positive) mean this is something that people should at least be able to think about without getting jumped on, which is the way I think you took it…it looked right-ish while
Typing it this morning in my phone, but rereading it, saw I had forgotten one of my negatives…DOH. Maybe simple positive form is best? 😆

All to say, that it is fairly clear that many aren’t applying the same principles of accountability for words and actions to Trudeau as they seem to conveniently apply to Polievre…which is particularly interesting that some feel quite free to ‘forward-judge’ someone on what they believe they might do, words notwithstanding, yet have difficulty judging others on deeds and past words not honoured.

I am disappointed….no, I am concerned that Trudeau’s actions and beliefs are demonstrably contributing to systemic weaknesses in Canada’s ability to be the principled, middle power that always looked to step-in and help and in many cases lead (eg. Ottawa Convention against land-mines), and the “thick on words, thin on action” vapid, word salad-sprouting nation we appear to be today.

I have voted LPC, NDP, Green and PC/CPC in my life; at various levels of Gov. Picking the least worst is sometimes the only option.

My riding is a Liberal strong hold, so I tend to vote for who I think has the best chance of beating them. We have had a Liberal since 1993, with a small gap for the NDP.

Halifax loves the NDP.

Hamilton enters the chat.....

Halifax loves the NDP.

I usually kinda sticking to blue. Sometimes you have to do like you said. Picking the least worst. This is what happen when a system is design for 2-3 parties and that you have 5-6…

I wonder if there’s anything to this, or if it’s someone trying to patch up his reputation?

Cbc Yes GIF by Kim's Convenience

Trudeau and his party have dragged Canada into the mud, financially, economically, resource wise and politically on the world stage. Now we're wrestling with the pig. He's provided preferential treatment to Red China, allowed ChiCom military into our country, allowed them to buy Vancouver and much more of Canada. Has allowed them to exploit our natural resources and ran interference for their spies. Like the lab techs he allowed to work at our most secure chemical and biological lab. Whatever became of the two Chinese chemists that made it back to China with lab samples? Will the world look the other way if it's tied to the recent pandemic? He's condemned by EU politicians as a dictator. Emergency Act, lockdowns, travel restrictions, forced vaccinations, financial malfeasance and an ecoterrorist as Min of Environment and Climate Scam. He's divisive, misogynist and racist. He appears to have almost a physical revulsion to the truth. All provable. There's lots more. We know intimately what we have with trudeau. He is a globalist who wants to make us a post national state subservient to a central world government. It's real easy to decide whether you want him to stay or go. He has a know record and it doesn't look good for our Confederation if he gets another term. One needs to look up the signs and symptoms of a narcissistic psychopath for further comparison. Warning Signs To Identify a Narcissistic Psychopath

Poliviere on the other hand is a fairly unknown quantity. We know who he is. We know what he is promising. We know his political career and oratory skills. And at the moment he has a good, loyal following from a huge cross section of Canadians. No matter race, religion, financial status, education or place and province of residence. The attacks by trudeau and singh prove they are very worried he'll win. He's making lots of promises that resonate with Canadians who have had enough of trudeau and his party. What he doesn’t have is a record of governing. Given the choices, I think he deserves a chance to put up or shut up. If you want to keep democracy, Poliviere looks like your guy.

Singh is no threat. He's just proping up trudeau til his parliamentary pension is vested, which if memory serves, is either later this year or early next. I won't be surprised he'll support a no confidence vote the minute he has that pension. I think he's going to lose seats next election and won't survive a leader review.

BQ is a regional party and the Greens are just plain useless.

Pick who you want, but be ready to back your choice and explain to your grandchildren why your choice gave them whatever life they'll have.

Trudeau and his party have dragged Canada into the mud, financially, economically, resource wise and politically on the world stage. Now we're wrestling with the pig. He's provided preferential treatment to Red China, allowed ChiCom military into our country, allowed them to buy Vancouver and much more of Canada. Has allowed them to exploit our natural resources and ran interference for their spies. Like the lab techs he allowed to work at our most secure chemical and biological lab. Whatever became of the two Chinese chemists that made it back to China with lab samples? Will the world look the other way if it's tied to the recent pandemic? He's condemned by EU politicians as a dictator. Emergency Act, lockdowns, travel restrictions, forced vaccinations, financial malfeasance and an ecoterrorist as Min of Environment and Climate Scam. He's divisive, misogynist and racist. He appears to have almost a physical revulsion to the truth. All provable. There's lots more. We know intimately what we have with trudeau. He is a globalist who wants to make us a post national state subservient to a central world government. It's real easy to decide whether you want him to stay or go. He has a know record and it doesn't look good for our Confederation if he gets another term. One needs to look up the signs and symptoms of a narcissistic psychopath for further comparison. Warning Signs To Identify a Narcissistic Psychopath

Poliviere on the other hand is a fairly unknown quantity. We know who he is. We know what he is promising. We know his political career and oratory skills. And at the moment he has a good, loyal following from a huge cross section of Canadians. No matter race, religion, financial status, education or place and province of residence. The attacks by trudeau and singh prove they are very worried he'll win. He's making lots of promises that resonate with Canadians who have had enough of trudeau and his party. What he doesn’t have is a record of governing. Given the choices, I think he deserves a chance to put up or shut up. If you want to keep democracy, Poliviere looks like your guy.

Singh is no threat. He's just proping up trudeau til his parliamentary pension is vested, which if memory serves, is either later this year or early next. I won't be surprised he'll support a no confidence vote the minute he has that pension. I think he's going to lose seats next election and won't survive a leader review.

BQ is a regional party and the Greens are just plain useless.

Pick who you want, but be ready to back your choice and explain to your grandchildren why your choice gave them whatever life they'll have.
Well said. Explain to your grandchildren. Everything my wife and I do on our farm and in how we set up our food production is aimed at being here in 10 years, 100 years and 1000 years.

As the knight said in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade "Choose wisely"

Last edited:
So we should thank the current elder generations for our current situation ?
Whatever you started with came from them. What ever they gave you was your dowery to do with as you please. What you do with it and what you pass on is your decision and yours alone.

thank or not, they are responsible for how you think, act, your faith or absence thereof, and your life choice priorities. There are definitely areas where you disagreed with your parents but your very disagreement established your thought pattern: often when you were too young to realize that you were doing so. I open doors for ladies, why, because I was taught too. People vote for the party that promises them what they want; why, because they were taught that they were entitled. People believe that the indigenous folks were hog tied and dragged to residential schools where they were systematically murdered; why, because our schools started teaching those as facts and we believed them. (not to say that there weren't faults with the system but the original intent of assimilation was to equip them for a future in a land that didn't allow them free reign and cordoned off vast acreages.)

That famous exchange from The Breakfast Club:

"What scares me is these are the kids who'll be taking care of me when I'm older."

"I wouldn't count on it."

They're sort of paying for it already with the quality of nursing home care across the country.

It sure would be nice if our elderly who have worked all their life and paid taxes got the same 2 year food and hotel ride that our border jumpers get.

Back